Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2010, 11:18 AM  

Longmont, CO
I enjoy heading into Boulder every now and again. I can't say I've ever had an issue with overly-snobby people. It's a bit 'busy' for my everyday tastes, but now and again that's something to look forward to. If I had the money, I might actually consider living there - but it would depend on the circumstances really, since I love living in the middle of nowhere right now.

And of course I'm one of those liberal hippies (sorta) that everybody loves to bash, so whatever

Old 10-22-2010, 12:31 AM  

Grand Junction, Colorado
The view from the other side of the mountains is that Boulder is the hippie/granola capitol of the state. And you can get a contact high just from driving through it.

Not saying I agree or disagree, just that it's the view from over here.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 AM  

I lived in Boulder -- heck, went to school there. The impressions are certainly based in reality, though there is more to Boulder than simply the stereotypes.

For natural beauty, it's an amazing place. I still get chills when i crest the hill just past Louisville and get a first glimpse of the Flatirons overlooking the valley. I do wish it were not quite so snooty and hippified though.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:47 PM  

boulder, CO
Outsiders view based on what I thought when i first went there:

-Everyone is so nice and jolly, they must all be high (turns out to be true)

-Lots of college kids everywhere

-This place is heaven, beautiful landscapes and buildings, wonderful people
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
as an outsider, that has been there a few times, I will always want to be an "outsider"
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM  

Boulder, Colorado
I love it here in Boulder, 10 years and now raising a family. It's all a matter of what you want ti live around and who you want to live around
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by alowell View Post
It's all a matter of what you want ti live around and who you want to live around
that is so very true....
Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 AM  

Champaign, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So it seems that this has turned into a "Bashing boulder" sort-of thread.

Anyone have anything good to say about Boulder?
From Websters Nonexistent Collegiate Dictionary: def. Bashing Thread; something of a universal Internet reaction when a thread is created and everyone doesn't chime in with relentless boosterism of the thread topic.

If someone creates a thread deliberately inviting comments about a thing, they'd best be prepared for some of those comments to be negative.

I've been in Boulder twice. What I've seen in this thread is pretty accurate. My daughter, who has lived in Boulder for four years and who just received her M.A. from CU, has pretty much told me the same things: nice area, Big U., plenty of outdoor recreation, politics skewed heavily left, massive amounts of people driving around in Hummers and Expeditions with "Save the Trees" on their bumpers, really high cost of living, and one can only find larger herds of entitled white folks by driving up to Breckenridge.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
Well, Boulder is a great town to visit and do stuff in, but I couldn't imagine living there. The driver's aren't too bad, it's the pedestrians/bicyclists and the crosswalks between stoplights that make traffic hell. If it weren't for the ridiculously high cost of living (my mortgage off US36 halfway between Denver and Boulder is less than the rent on some one bedroom apartments) it would be a pretty chill place to live.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 AM  

Denver, CO
The food is good, the views are nice, the traffic sucks and taxes and the cost of living are ridiculously high. I see the consequences of the government's central planning policies everywhere in that city. The ratio of elitist idealists with too much money and not enough common sense is too high for my tastes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Boulder
Bookmark this Page!