Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 06:15 AM  

Buffalo, New York
Buffalo Homebrewing

I'm considering joining the Niagara Homebrew association. Is anyone in the group or had any experience dealing with them, and willing to share their experience with me?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 AM  

I don't have any experince with that group, but I've also contemplated joining them. But, since I live east of Buffalo, it would probably be quite a commute. I used to get together for tasting at niagara Traditions and I'm sure a lot of those folks are part of the group. All good people.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 AM  

Denver, Colorado
I have become quite the brewer thanks to the people at Niagara Traditions. I haven't joined the association, but am part of their mailing list (which lets you know when there will be deal days.) Nonetheless, I'm sure joining them would improve both your knowledge and skills in the trade.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:32 PM  

Niagara Falls, New York
Niagara Traditions is a great place, their prices are within pennies of what can be purchased online. Sorry I can't help with the NAH, I've thought about joining.

Steve
Old 12-04-2010, 08:00 PM  

Buffalo, NY
I just moved back to WNY from Mid Michigan and am looking for homebrewers to connect with. We should all join the Niagara homebrewers association and get to know each other. I've found the more people to talk about home brewing with the better the experience.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 AM  

Buffalo, NY
hmmm.... hadn't heard of them until now, I may have to check it out.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:07 PM  

buffalo, ny
I don't know the Niagara group, but I'm in the Sultans of Swig. We meet at Gene McCarthy's in the 1st ward (we were meeting downtown at the Century Grill but outgrew the space) on the third Monday of the month, and have a rotating social around the area on the first Monday of the month. There are some real good home brewers that will provide feedback on how to improve your beer. Typically everybody brings a few bottle to share and get evaluated. We also get into a few of the AHA club only competitions. Gene McCarthy's usually has 8 micro's on tap for before and after the meeting.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 AM  

Olean, New York
Never heard of them. A link anyone?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:31 AM  

buffalo, ny
we just migrated over to a facebook group so it's still rather light on content, and most of it is members only (to keep out the spam). Welcome to Facebook
Old 12-18-2010, 11:06 AM  

Olean, New York
Just joined.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Buffalo
Bookmark this Page!