Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Homeowner Foreclosures on Bank of America (Yes, You Heard That Right)

Quote:
In a modern-day evocation of David's slingshot triumph over Goliath, a couple of foreclosed homeowners in Naples, Florida reportedly foreclosed on a Bank of America branch last week, their attorney actually having moving trucks pull up in front of a Naples branch to execute a foreclosure judgment against the bank.

What must have seemed to observers like a scene out of a parallel universe - you can see some video here - was actually the fair and logical conclusion to a situation which, the court had ruled, had an unfair and illogical start. In 2009, retired police officer Warren Nyerges and his wife, Maureen Collier, paid $165,000 cash for their 2,700 square foot home in the Golden Gate Estates subdivision, and never took a mortgage out on it. So imagine their surprise when, in Februrary of 2010, Bank of America initiated foreclosure proceedings against them. The Nyerges hired an attorney, Todd Allen, to defend them against the wrongful foreclosure, and the Bank eventually abandoned the matter.

read the whole article by clicking here.

I love this. I tend to root for the underdog.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM  
fustrated genius

it's about time those rats had to pay for some of the cheese they been stealing.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:53 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I got a kick out of the article, myself! Good for them!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Best news I have read in a while.

I despise banks and try to use them as little as possible.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Business / Investing
Bookmark this Page!