Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydave View Post
Here's a whole site with a ton of info on it.

How to File a Gold Mining Claim | Gemologist Sam

I'm not sure what the stipulations are regarding the land you stake it on though, or what you're allowed to do once you stake a claim.
I appreciate the links Dave.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 PM  

Central Ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydave View Post
A portable hydrojet for gold mining, now there's an idea! hah
Back in the day some mines used to use high pressure fire hoses to wash down the sides of mountains into a sluicebox. I can't remember what that technique was called though.

As far as diverting a river though, good luck with that one. You'd have every animal right activist all over you claiming that you're endangering some rare frog or the likes. Even if you managed to get a dredge in there and vacuumed it out with scuba gear, you'd still deal with that mess.

I know that GPAA had claims all over the states, I haven't checked into what a membership goes for these days though. At least on a claim, you can tell people that you're allowed to be there!
With my limited knowledge on the subject, I believe that type of hydrolic mining was outlawed way back in the late 1800's.

WRM

Old 04-10-2011, 06:18 PM  

Liberty, Washington State
I have been mining in my 20's now looking at 70. We have a patent mining ground in Liberty Washington. Crystalline wire gold. It is addictive, but i wouldn't take any back,its been an education on going !!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:21 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preservation View Post
I have been mining in my 20's now looking at 70. We have a patent mining ground in Liberty Washington. Crystalline wire gold. It is addictive, but i wouldn't take any back,its been an education on going !!!!
I'd love to see some pictures if you could share them with us!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM  

Liberty, Washington State
Havasu, I haven't entered the digital camera world. There are some pic's on E-Bay. I have the property listed with a friend at Windermere realty, in Cle Elum Wa. Jan's e mail is wanechecek@windermere.com The weather is finally co-operating, hope to start mining soon..
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 PM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
When I was a wee bit younger and dumber, I went along with another twit to some expired Mine Shafts near Eaton Canyon (north of Altadena, top of Lake St,--old Mt. Wilson Road area in the latter 70s) to "discover" much Gold Flake, except of course to be informed by other would be Panners/Hikers that we had stumbled upon a large cache of PYRITE or FOOLS GOLD.
4+ hours wasted gathering two gallon containers of sand, but we did have a good hike both ways, so it wasn't entirely a lost day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!