Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM  

Riverside, CA
Farmers Markets in So Cal

Anyone know of any good farmers markets in So Cal? I am talking fully loaded and 4 ears of corn for 50 cents kind of farmer markets that are year round. I am starting to get into cooking big time and want to pick up some fresh goods.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
if you come to central cali there is famers markets every week full of mexicans things

Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 AM  

Wildomar, CA
In Murrieta and Wildomar there is Plowbows which is open year round and it is 5 ears of corn for a buck. Also I have been shopping Barons for veggies and they have the best quality and price of anyone out there.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 AM  

Moorpark, CA
Certified Farmers' Markets (CFM's) ask and ye shall receive. This is just LA County
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM  

Riverside, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
In Murrieta and Wildomar there is Plowbows which is open year round and it is 5 ears of corn for a buck. Also I have been shopping Barons for veggies and they have the best quality and price of anyone out there.
Where can I find a Barons? And where in Murrieta is the Plowbows? I work off Murrieta Hot Springs quite frequently so that may work too.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 AM  

Wildomar, CA
The best Plowboys is in Old town Murrieta, From Murrieta Hot Springs head north on Jefferson to Californis Oaks/Kalmia st turn left (West) and head down to Washington and turn left again and they are just a couple buildings down on the right. I go to the Barons on Clinton Keith just west of the 15 about 3 blocks other than than I don't know where there are more I think they are pretty new to the area but you have to check them out it's worth it.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:59 AM  

Santa barbara, ca
Santa Barbara has farmers market on tuesday afternoons on state street. and on saturday mornings in the anacapa/cota parking lot.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:42 AM  

Fort Walton Beach, FL
San Luis Obispo just outside of Cal Poly has a massive one, but I'm not sure how often. I've been there a few times; the number of different people there is just stunning.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!