Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2010, 06:39 PM  

Riverside, CA
Local Shooting Spots

Where are some of your favorite shooting spots?

There are two that I frequent. One is off of Hodge Rd on I-15 and the other is off of Indian Canyon Rd in Palm Desert, CA.

Both are supposedly BLM land, but it is always a good idea to check with your local law enforcement agency to make sure you are allowed to shoot there.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM  

Jackson, California
Jamestown gun club!! Bring the family too, it's very family friendly. The clubhouse has a giant fireplace that is perfect for gathering around on cold winter days.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 PM  

Goleta, CA
A place informally called "The Glass Factory" (due to all of the broken bottles littering the place). Off of Highway 154, turn onto East Camino Cielo, its about 10 miles in on the left. They close it every year for fir season though (sometimes 6 or more months...)
Old 11-02-2010, 06:11 PM  

oakdale, ca
Modesto Rifle Club. NRA approved. holds about every kind of competition you can think of except shotgun.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:29 PM  

LA, CA
Anywhere that is at least 150 yards away from a road or dwelling. Thats California's shooting laws

I have a place that used to be a bombing range for the navy. Off in the Mojave desert. It is pretty cool. There are still old military vehicles there that they just left.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:03 PM  

Santa barbara, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumachan View Post
A place informally called "The Glass Factory" (due to all of the broken bottles littering the place). Off of Highway 154, turn onto East Camino Cielo, its about 10 miles in on the left. They close it every year for fir season though (sometimes 6 or more months...)
The glass factory is nice but there are a bunch of knuckleheads that show up every so often that seem to put safety last on their list. I prefer the Winchester Gun Club in the opposite direction on West Camino Cielo.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM  

San diego, Ca
If you're near the border, you should be able to get away with cruising down there to shoot. Border agents are usually pretty friendly (or at least, respectful), and just make sure its public land
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM  

Modesto, California
Panoche and tumey hills off i-5. All blm land.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 PM  

Tustin, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by danile666 View Post
Anywhere that is at least 150 yards away from a road or dwelling. Thats California's shooting laws

I have a place that used to be a bombing range for the navy. Off in the Mojave desert. It is pretty cool. There are still old military vehicles there that they just left.
You sure about that? One minute your plinking, the next minute BOOM! Youre jeep is a crater
Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 PM  

Burro Canyon off of East Fork Road and Hwy 39, north of Azusa, is a good shooting range. There are several ranges available, from pistol to long range rifle ranges. They also allow private parties to rent their own range, which is great when going up with a bunch of friends. My only advice is to call before you go, to confirm law enforcement has not rented the entire range for the day.

Burro Canyon Shooting Park - Public Shooting Ranges and Law Enforcement Training Center

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!