Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM  

Kentucky
medical marijuana

I like to enjoy medical marijuana but, don't want to loose my freedom in Kentucky, so I am going to move to California. I am really seriously thinking of moving to Oakland. Are there any people in the Oakland area that think this is a good idea, (Oakland that is) and also if you think it is a bad idea I would like to hear from you also. I have found a house there that needs a lot of work, but looks very promising. Any advice will be very helpful, thank you.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM  
CCAT Racing

Santa Clara, CA
There are some "good" parts of Oakland, but most is corrupt! Move to San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino, even Campbell before Oakland... GL!

Old 01-27-2011, 05:33 PM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATRacing View Post
There are some "good" parts of Oakland, but most is corrupt! Move to San Jose, Santa Clara, Cupertino, even Campbell before Oakland... GL!
May I ask you what you mean by corrupt, is that as bad as it sounds. I am looking at the Alameda area, I think it is Fairfax.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 AM  
CCAT Racing

Santa Clara, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmerb View Post
May I ask you what you mean by corrupt, is that as bad as it sounds. I am looking at the Alameda area, I think it is Fairfax.
Alameda is much nicer, but still has it's bad parts...

Corrupt as in Gangs, shootings, crimes, etc... very high in the city of Oakland.

I use to deliver to the Oakland School district and I feared my life everytime I went there! And that was almost twenty years ago.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 PM  

Stay in kentucky and just do what you have to to get it.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyih View Post
Stay in kentucky and just do what you have to to get it.
Oh, I am moving, there is no doubt about it, because the penalty in Kentucky if I get caught is arrest and subsequent jail time nobody wants that now do we?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:34 PM  

san diego, CA
You might want to evalute your priorities.

If you seriously are planning to move across country just to be able to smoke weed then please stay away. California is already full up with hippys and stoners.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 PM  

+1 for that sensible comment!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:41 PM  

He could join Guv'nor Moonbeam in Sacramento!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You might want to evalute your priorities.

If you seriously are planning to move across country just to be able to smoke weed then please stay away. California is already full up with hippys and stoners.
i am no hippy or stoner, I only smoke in the evening, I do not go driving around afterwards. Kentucky does not allow smoking, possessing, or growing marijuana of any kind. I can not believe that you would deny me the same freedoms that you have the right to.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!