Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2011, 10:59 AM  
Traveler

Ha! Ha! Ha! I kid you now.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:14 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Sooo how does the "medical" side of this come into play? Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you just want a "legal" drug dealer and less drug laws. And no I'm not bashing you. I've smoked for quite a few years. Really really enjoyed it!! Just gave it up on 1/1/11 however.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM  

It seems that that is the way to speak of pot these days. Medical marijuana sounds more legal?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

I'm just curious becasue from the thread title I expected this to go a WHOLE different direction.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
It seems that that is the way to speak of pot these days. Medical marijuana sounds more legal?
My wife has a chronic illness, caused from stress and takes a medication on top of that, which causes her to loose her apetite. Marijuana, whether medical or otherwise, calms her down and causes her to have an apetite, though in my state, free as it is, people, chiefly our religeous based law makers to the South wish to think for everyone, and keep something that is against their belief system, away from everyone. I quit years ago as I mentioned earlier, but still can't help but laugh at the notion that smoking weed is so evil, when we sanction alchohol and tobacco! If it works for someone in a healing manner and it's certainly more harmless than some of the drugs that the FDA has allowed in this country, then it will become more and more availible, as time goes by. To the OP, again I say check out even places like Alaska or Seattle to get your prescription.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Sooo how does the "medical" side of this come into play? Maybe it's just me but it sounds like you just want a "legal" drug dealer and less drug laws. And no I'm not bashing you. I've smoked for quite a few years. Really really enjoyed it!! Just gave it up on 1/1/11 however.
If I just wanted a legal drug dealer I could just go to walmart, cvs, walgreens, or any one of the many many many liquor stores in my town. I do not choose to take pills or drink, I just want to be able to smoke and grow and possess what those in other states are able to. I am not striking out on my own here, this is not something new, it is happening in 14 other states, mine just doesn't happen to be one of them. Call me selfish if you want like the kid who sees the other kid with an icecream and now I want one too, is that so bad?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Well it not only sounds more legal, it is legal unless you cross into my state, you had better hide your marijuana because you would go to jail for having it. Not that you smoke marijuana.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
I'm just curious becasue from the thread title I expected this to go a WHOLE different direction.
It was supposed to be about, "Moving to Oakland" but I put medical marijuana in the title and that is all people can post about, so I started a new post, "Oakland, Ca" and have really received some great input.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 AM  

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
My wife has a chronic illness, caused from stress and takes a medication on top of that, which causes her to loose her apetite. Marijuana, whether medical or otherwise, calms her down and causes her to have an apetite, though in my state, free as it is, people, chiefly our religeous based law makers to the South wish to think for everyone, and keep something that is against their belief system, away from everyone. I quit years ago as I mentioned earlier, but still can't help but laugh at the notion that smoking weed is so evil, when we sanction alchohol and tobacco! If it works for someone in a healing manner and it's certainly more harmless than some of the drugs that the FDA has allowed in this country, then it will become more and more availible, as time goes by. To the OP, again I say check out even places like Alaska or Seattle to get your prescription.
I agree with you, but I don't know about Alaska, it seems a bit cold there. I should check out other states more open to my beliefs and freedoms.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmerb View Post
If I just wanted a legal drug dealer I could just go to walmart, cvs, walgreens, or any one of the many many many liquor stores in my town. I do not choose to take pills or drink, I just want to be able to smoke and grow and possess what those in other states are able to. I am not striking out on my own here, this is not something new, it is happening in 14 other states, mine just doesn't happen to be one of them. Call me selfish if you want like the kid who sees the other kid with an icecream and now I want one too, is that so bad?
Ok so it's not for medical reasons? That's fine and all. Honestly I could give two ****s if you wanna get high only at night or all day everyday or how ever you wanna do it. It's not my life and I ain't payin' for it. I've been on both sides of the line. I've smoked all day everyday and I've only smoked one or two one hitters at night as a way to wind down. Both were great in their own right at those times in my life TO ME. My main point was... your reasons are not "medical" reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmerb View Post
It was supposed to be about, "Moving to Oakland" but I put medical marijuana in the title and that is all people can post about, so I started a new post, "Oakland, Ca" and have really received some great input.
Well if the topic at hand is "Medical Marijuana" then yes people are going to post about Medical Marijuana. Just like starting a thread titled "Oakland, Ca" could be construed as something completly different from what your trying to spit out. If I were you my thread would be, "I want to grow and smoke weed with out all the hassel."

Again no offense man. Just stating the obvious here and I'm glad your getting some good advise or whatever it is your seeking. Best of luck on your quest!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.