Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 11:14 AM  

Riverside, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRich26 View Post
When I was a kid we used to fish in the Sierra Nevada's, (i can't remember the names of the lakes) above Bishop and in the Owen's River; that was great trout fishing and was also a really beautiful area.
You have Mammoth Lakes, Convict Lake, Rock Creek Lake, June Lake, Hearts Lake, Lake Tahoe, Honey Lake, Mono Lake, Pyramid Lake, Owens Lake to name a few. There are many smaller lakes when you get in there deep.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-22-2010, 10:56 AM  

LA, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
You have Mammoth Lakes, Convict Lake, Rock Creek Lake, June Lake, Hearts Lake, Lake Tahoe, Honey Lake, Mono Lake, Pyramid Lake, Owens Lake to name a few. There are many smaller lakes when you get in there deep.
And some of those smaller lakes have great fishing.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:25 AM  

Azusa, CA
Up in the mammoth area (basically from whitney portal / bishop up through like bridgeport) there are tons of lakes - especially if you dont mind hiking a bit. --- the only downside to this area is that its still at least 3 or 4 + hours from LA area of southern cali -- doesnt seem to be nearly as many lakes to fish further south in cali.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:00 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDave81 View Post
Up in the mammoth area (basically from whitney portal / bishop up through like bridgeport) there are tons of lakes - especially if you dont mind hiking a bit. --- the only downside to this area is that its still at least 3 or 4 + hours from LA area of southern cali -- doesnt seem to be nearly as many lakes to fish further south in cali.
I'm surprised you didn't mention the 4 lakes just up the street from your house! Great fishing until you get caught!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:30 PM  

LA, CA
Kern River is always great. Raindbow trout is your primary goal there. There are other fish, and I have had a knack for catching at least one sacramento sucker each trip.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:48 PM  

Lancaster, Ca
Id have to go with Bishop on trout fishing, the north fork up there is the best trout fishing in all of Southern California IMO. Its the one place I can take all my kids and I know they will get there limit before they get board...lol

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

« Redding | hello »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.