Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 AM  

Chico, CA
Well, you could ask all the millions of people who deserted their own state to move here. Maybe it's the climate, maybe the opportunity, maybe Hollywood, maybe the fact that EVERYONE doesn't live in LA and within 1 hour of my house I can be in a virtually deserted wilderness. I have to drive 5 hours to get to the beach, but everyone I talk to from somewhere else thinks we all live there (the beach that is).

Maybe it's because some of us live waaaaay out in the country, but can visit the city, and the city folks are intimidated by those of us who live in the woods.

Let's get serious folks, what the fark can you do in Iowa.

Please tell folks to VISIT California because we want them to go back home. Born and raised 4 generations here. Piffle

Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 PM  

Merced, California
2 reasons:
  1. Sierra Nevada brewery in Chico, CA.
  2. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:22 AM  

Porterville
If you live in the central valley, you are a hour - 2 hour drive away from the mountains, and 3-4 hour drive from the beach. Beach in the summer, mountains in the winter, doesn't get much better
Old 12-17-2010, 03:23 PM  

visit the sierra nevadas (campin, wheelin, hikin)
Old 12-19-2010, 03:48 PM  

Sacramento, California
The John Muir Trail- probably the world's finest 200 mile hike.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:59 PM  

I'm from Illinois, but my fiance is from SoCal. Last year around Christmas we spent a week in Vegas and California to visit her friends and family there.

The entire time, mind you, I've been hearing that everyone is so used to the beautiful, comfortable temperatures that 60 degrees = holy ***** wear a coat.

We get there and it was honest to god 70-something the entire time. Sunny and beautiful every day. Nice and crisp and cool in the morning. It sucks because it sounds cliche but it really is the most beautiful state I've visited so far.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 PM  

Stockton, California
Yosemite National Park

Ive been there many times and it never ceases to amaze me the landscape is breadth taking
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 AM  

Bakersfield, CA
Driving Highway 1 is enough reason to visit CA. Miles and miles of awe inspiring scenery. Before I moved here, I used to fly out here every couple of yearsand rent a car just to enjoy the drive.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:14 AM  

Central Ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songman View Post
Driving Highway 1 is enough reason to visit CA. Miles and miles of awe inspiring scenery. Before I moved here, I used to fly out here every couple of yearsand rent a car just to enjoy the drive.
And you settled in Bakersfield???

lol. j/k

still have the Jeep?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM  

What ever you are into Cali has it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!