Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2010, 06:50 PM  
Easily amused

Santee, California
This is my very first post here on Cityprofile
This first thing that came to mind when I read the 1st post of this thread was:

The Best reason for you to visit our State is to spend lots of money here and stimulate our economy.
Then Go home and tell all your friends what a great time you had so they will come and spend lots of money too!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:48 PM  

Welcome KraZeDav....about time you made it to the other side of JF!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 PM  

La Selva Beach, Ca
air

I know other states have air. But in California people are not allowed to burn tobacco in places where food or drink are served in public. We can have a meal or a drink AND breath.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 PM  
Coffee Geek

San Bernardino, CA
One word - Intelligensia
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM  

Valencia, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaBrewery View Post
I know other states have air. But in California people are not allowed to burn tobacco in places where food or drink are served in public. We can have a meal or a drink AND breath.
Although as a resident I will be the first to admit we have a lot of foolish laws and regulations, but the one mentioned by PlayaBrewery is one that should be the law of the land. Let me clarify that....I fully support a persons right to injest whatever they want as long as their actions do not impact others, and smoking in public places violates MY right to not be forced to inhale tobacco smoke. Short version...you have the right to smoke, but your right ends where my lungs begin. (end of rant)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:21 AM  

Bakersfield, CA
I think that is pretty much the law of the land and has been for a while. I can't remember the last time I have seen anyone smoke in a public place in any state... and I find myself in a lot of them. As a matter of fact, the last time I saw someone smoking in a public place was in France several years ago and they have even passed a law against it now.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 AM  

San Diego, California
I'd Say:

Birthplace of Theme Parks (Knotts, Disney, and SeaWorld all trace their roots to California and many of the firsts of theme park rides were at Knotts and Disney)

Redwood National Forest (and other national forests)

The California Missions

The Film Industry
Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM  
CCAT Racing

Santa Clara, CA
Weather, Ocean, Sites, People, and it is California!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:44 AM  

Lockeford, California
If nothing else, come here for the food and the nature. Go to Lockeford. Find Lockeford Meats. Order two of each sausage and a breakfast box (bacon and eggs and biscuits) to go. Drive east into the mountains. Find a campsite. Build a big (but manageable) fire. Cook all that food and eat it in the wild like nature intended.

It's a great weekend adventure. Fill in the spaces for camping/hiking/jeeping/driving/whoopie/etc.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 AM  

mexican food

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.