Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Points of Interest in Big Sur

I want to travel around the Big Sur area again next year. Last time we stayed at Cambria for a bit and really loved it. Would like to get some ideas on other places of interest in and around the Big Sur area.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:42 AM  

Hi Keith,
I would recommend flying into San Francisco, and driving south and include Monterey, the 17 mile drive, the aquarium, continue down to Hearst Castle and the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Hi Keith,
I would recommend flying into San Francisco, and driving south and include Monterey, the 17 mile drive, the aquarium, continue down to Hearst Castle and the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.
x2 on this

there are abunch of wineries in monterey county also if you like wine
Old 08-26-2010, 09:57 PM  
Chair and Pie

Monterey County, CA
also there are back roads south of big sur that have great views of the ocean and scenery around there
Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 PM  

Pismo beach and "Splash's" Restaurant for a great bowl of clam chowder is also a must do!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM  

Wildomar, CA
I was in Monterey a few years back and it was just a beautiful place. I would like to do another road trip up that way.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 PM  

San Luis Obispo, CA
If you want to spend time in Big Sur, be sure to stay at Ragged Point Inn and ask for the room that sits right on the water. It is unforgettable- so beautiful, peaceful and amazing. I live just 45 mins from Ragged Point and would be happy to share more tips on the Big Sur area. If you want to really splurge, go to Ventana Inn. If you want something unusual and really fun, Treebones Resort has really cool Yurts. There are many places to enjoy lunch or dinner along the Big Sur Highway also.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!