Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2010, 12:07 AM  

Stanford, CA
Bad genes also create worthless and clueless idiots. Violent offenders and homeless people should be castrated.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:10 PM  

Riverside, CA
I'm voting yes, because then maybe, just maybe they will stop taxing us to death on everything else. It's worth a shot, anyhow. I don't smoke pot, so I don't have to worry about it.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 PM  

Paso Robles, California
i'll be voting yes
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM  

Goleta, CA
Thats a big NO for me. Pot is already treated like its practically legal here, and I'm tired of not being able to go anywhere without hearing some stupid hippies or college drop-outs talking about smoking the stuff. Also, I get the feeling that if we refuse to enforce federal law, the DEA will just setup shop in CA and send us the bill.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:12 PM  

Roseburg, Oregon
I moved from California to Oregon in 2006, but if I still lived there I would vote yes. Considering the versatility and usefulness of marijuana for medical, industrial and recreational use, it should never have been made illegal.

I wrote a song about this in 1990 called Legalize. Click the link for lyrics and optional free mp3 download.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:39 PM  

Imagine that!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 AM  

Suisun City, Ca.
No !

I can't imagine having to work with a bunch of stoned people.
Just not safe! IT IS AGAINST THE FEDERAL LAW!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:13 AM  

It's ironic that my next door neighbor's son (23 years old, with three "420" tatoos) came over 3 days ago to whine that he was arrested for "DUI" the previous night. He said he was going to fight it because he didn't consume one drink, but just smoked some "really good" bud.

I asked why he was pulled over and he said he made a left turn over the center divider and nearly took out a cop standing there (I guess investigating a previous accident) and could not imagine why the cop was standing there.

He said next week will be the first time he will be voting, and only to support Prop. 19. He also firmly believes if this passes, all of his charges will be dropped.

Yes, my friends, this is our future!
Old 10-31-2010, 11:01 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Seems while it might be illegal on a Federal level, California passing it might start the ball rolling on other States following which would lead to changes on the Federal level.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:42 PM  

La Canada, CA
That's absolutely correct Keith, progressive and positive change has to start somewhere. With California having paved the way for the medical marijuana regulations we are seeing sweep across the country, I believe that California can also pave the way toward the ultimate goal of repealing the wasteful and tremendously harmful prohibition on cannabis production and use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post

Yes, my friends, this is our future!
If you are hinting at the idea that the legal regulation of cannabis will lead to more ignorant people causing public safety issues, that seems pretty far fetched. Stupid people will make stupid decisions regardless of whether or not something is explicitly legal. To those who say that "having to work with a bunch of stoned people is just not safe", who is going to be working stoned? If someone comes into work intoxicated on any substance, do you really think that they'll be keeping their job? Employers aren't going to magically tolerate intoxicated employees just because prop 19 passes, just as they are not currently tolerating people coming into work drunk.

With respect to marijuana use and driving, it was absolutely correct for your neighbor's son to have received a DUI. Marijuana is an intoxicating substance and under prop 19 will be regulated as such. Prop 19 will not suddenly make it OK to drive while intoxicated, and your neighbor's son is naive if he thinks that his charges will be dropped should 19 come to pass.

Prohibition does not work. There is no denying that a demand for marijuana exists, and that it cannot be eliminated simply because we make the marijuana illegal. People will find a way to procure their substance of choice, so wouldn't it be better to take the marijuana industry out of the hands of the black market? In doing so, we will undoubtedly see flat to decreased use amongst adolescents, as the substance will not be as popular amongst illicit drug dealers since the exorbitant profit margin will collapse, and kids will have a hard time buying from vendors that ask for proof of age.

Furthermore, law enforcement can quit wasting their time feeding the prison industrial complex by pursuing non-violent crimes related to marijuana, and can instead focus on the crimes that are actually hurting people. This should help reverse the disgusting fact that our country has the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens out of any country on this entire planet, which will save our state and local government much needed money; all while preserving a harmless personal freedom.

Not withstanding the fact that marijuana is substantially less toxic than alcohol (and non-addicting), it is up to adults to make responsible decisions as to how much they will use, just as they do with any other intoxicating substance. Attempting to police morality and personal choice is simply wrong. We need to take a more realistic stance on drug use in this country. People will do it regardless of its legal status. Control the substance, thereby making it as safe as possible for the consumer, while generating additional tax revenue that would otherwise be lost to criminal enterprise, and help curb the incredible waste in the criminal justice system that arises out of these absolutely futile prohibitionary laws.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads