Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2010, 06:28 PM  

Riverside, CA
Something You Miss About Your City....

Could be that you moved away and your current place of residence doesn't have it, or where you have lived all your live finally took something away.

I will start.

I grew up in Riverside, CA. We used to have acres and acres of orange groves just lining the streets. It was always fun to drive around and smell the blossoms. We used to paintball in the groves. They have torn down most of them for housing. It's really sad. There are still some around, but for the most part it's lacking what once made this place unbelievably beautiful.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM  

Reno, Nevada
I grew up in Cameron Park CA. It was a rather small town with lots of friendly people and places to explore. You could ride your bike just about anywhere and everybody lived close by. There was also the fun after school wheeling behind the local Dennys.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 AM  

Wildomar, CA
I grew up in Big Bear and I miss the small town atmosphere and people willing to help each other out.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM  

Riverside, CA
The people do tend to be quite nice up there. Well, except during the winter you get a bunch of kids (snowboarders/skiers) they tend to be pretty rude. But the people who run the little shops and restaurants seem to be really pleasant.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-05-2010, 01:38 PM  

bakersfield, ca
I miss no traffic now it seems if I try to go anywhere in the early morning or 5-6 range forget it. That what we get for the town not building freeways because they didn't want to be like LA. Dumbass
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM  
nobody.

Meridianville, alabama
I grew up in Placerville, and REALLY miss the foothills and Sierra Nevada mountains. Now I live in Alabama where the "mountains" are small compared to the foothills I was used to. I miss the snow in the winter, and the low humidity summers. I miss everything about that town. I hope I can go back sometime soon, if even just to visit.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 AM  

carlotta, California
I live just out side of Fortuna and I miss all of the little sporting good shops that used to be around town, I remember day dreaming in all the little hardware/sporting good shops.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:55 AM  

san diego, california
I moved away from Orange County to live in San Diego. I still miss the LA-like traffic
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 AM  

I grew up in Hacienda Heights, and now when I drive through it, I noticed all the store fronts have eliminated their American signs and they have been replaced with Chinese wording. You don't know if the store is a pet shop or a fresh meat market, if you know what I mean!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 PM  

san diego, california
Im from a lil town in TN called Erwin. population of the county was about 14k. nice comin from a town were everyone knows everyone. but thats also the problem to many busy bodies. oh that and PALS local owned food chain drive thru only with the best fries and burgers anywhere in the world.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads