Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
You probably have the most amazing geography of any other State in the Lower 48.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:59 PM  

Yes, I agree. If it wasn't for our politicians, this might be a great place to live!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 PM  

Encinitas, CA
so much variety with great beaches, skiing, camping, hiking, beer, etc
Old 12-05-2010, 05:07 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I think that the overall mentality and laid backedness is what sets Cali apart as well. The further East you travel, and the closer to the capitol you get the more and more uptight and PC it becomes.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 PM  

Lacey, WA
Because its HOT HOT HOT! With a 100% chance of Passion.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM  

Success, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I think that the overall mentality and laid backedness is what sets Cali apart as well. The further East you travel, and the closer to the capitol you get the more and more uptight and PC it becomes.
I have lived in many places and I have found the most uptight people I have ever met by far are in SoCAL.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:10 PM  

Sacramento, CA
There really just isn't anywhere else like California and that fact alone makes leaving very difficult. The exceptional climate, close proximity to the mountains, lakes, rivers, beaches, and tourist traps leave us with ample opportunity to enjoy this great state. We're considering moving out of state, because we're sick of the political climate, but really, there are so few places that even come close.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM  

Sacramento, California
I can't imagine where in the USA a person could find a positive political environment. Guess a person's bias might bring about some preference, but as a lifelong resident I really can't say politics here are worse than anywhere else.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:24 AM  

Success, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by swms View Post
I can't imagine where in the USA a person could find a positive political environment. Guess a person's bias might bring about some preference, but as a lifelong resident I really can't say politics here are worse than anywhere else.
I grew up in SoCal till 98, then lived various places (Military moved me a few times) then back in SoCal from 2001-2006. CA politics are worse than any other place I have lived. The weather and varied types of activities CA has to offer are about the best.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
One of the major reasons I felt this way was due to my time in the Navy. East Coast and West Coast Navies were two different animals.

East Coast Navy - Our ships were almost ALWAYS immaculate. Painted and repainted continuously. You couldnt even go topside unless you were in full uniform (regardless of the temp outside). ANY sort of PDA topside (or anywhere else) was pretty much forbidden.

During an overseas operation, I was stationed on a West Coast ship (same hull class) for several days. The ship wasnt as 'immaculate' (due to all of the environmental restrictions) but the mentality was WAY different. Sailors were able to go topside and just about anywhere in 'half' uniform. Females were jogging around topside in their sports bras. Couples were seen sitting all along the VLS launcher and bollards on the bow of the ship... This mentality was unheard of on my ship.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.