Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 01:16 PM  

Chatham, Ontario
Walkerville was a great brewery. I believe their still producing while they try to restructure but I haven't heard much from them.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 AM  

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
New seasonal from Muskoka Brewery

Just wanted to bring everyone's attention to a cool seasonal that's out right now in Ontario (and maybe elsewhere, but I'm not sure). It's from Muskoka Brewery and it's a double chocolate cranberry stout. They come in 750mL bottles and are definitely tasty. I bought 2 bottles at the LCBO in Sault Ste. Marie at $9.95/bottle...a little pricey but very unique and different and from an Ontario microbrewery which I definitely support.

To see if your local LCBO carries this beer (or any other alcoholic beverage), check out their product browser:

LCBO Products

Merry xmas to all!

J

Old 12-26-2010, 08:02 AM  

Hanley, SK
Pilsner! But it seems very SK and area related. Mind you my own home brew tastes better
Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 PM  

New Westminster, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Lots of good microbrew on Vancouver Island.

Love Phillips, Lighthouse Brewing the best however. The Lighthouse Race Rocks is exceptional. Hoppy, creamy and all in all a stellar brew.

In all honesty, my fav beer of the last few years has to be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale out of California. I know it is not Canadian, but MAN that stuff is good.

=)
I've been wanting to try Lighthouse, where do you find it? I've never seen it in stores on the mainland.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:43 PM  

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Bud light is my favorite!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM  

Some really nice IPA's come from BC

Tree Brewing - Hop Head, hoppy, fruity, crisp with a strong bitter finish. Goes great with a sharp cheese and some olives.

Granville Island Brewery - Brockton IPA

Russel Brewing - IP'eh!

Phillips - Amnesiac Double IPA, not for the faint of heart!!

Also a huge fan of the Unibroue beers, Trois Pistoles and Maudite are my faves.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:18 AM  

Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdeezy View Post
I've been wanting to try Lighthouse, where do you find it? I've never seen it in stores on the mainland.
That is a good question?

It is an EXCELLENT beer, and worth it if you can find it. I know or believe it is sold on tap in and around Vancouver, but in cans, hard to say? I bet if you call the brewery they will be able to tell you if and where it is sold.

They are still a pretty small operation, which is good and bad. Good because you get hands on quality, bad because availability is sometimes hard. I know Paul the owner and brewmaster personally, great guy... he really knows his stuff.

The best part, you can literally drink yourself silly on Lighthouse (Race Rocks Ale especially) and NOT get a hangover. It is amazing... drank 17 one night, went to bed at 3 AM, up by 8, 5 hour mountain bike ride after in 25+ heat. lol

They also make a stellar IPA...talk about hoppy goodness!

Lighthouse Brewing Company, Premium Local Beer
Old 01-16-2011, 02:02 PM  

I used to be a fan of all the new beers that came out when I was younger(triple X, Ice, etc). Now I drink Cools light.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:04 PM  

Sooke, BC
I'm a big fan of Tree Brewing in Kelowna! They make an ale called Thirsty Beaver! Good stuff! Also, Vancouver Island Brewery is a good one here. Lot's of variety in BC for sure.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM  

Calgary, AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullsenator View Post
...what is the deal with Provincial beer distribution laws? When I am in NS the selection is terrible. Do breweries need produce in the province they intend to sell the beer in?
Not any more...

My favs from a Macro standpoint (something I can find & enjoy anywhere in the country):
Rickards Dark, Creemore & Pil

Some of Mexican brands: Pacifico & Negra Modello

Big Rock Trad

Any Granville Island brew

Tried Brewsters, has good beers but there is potential to do MUCH better...dirty glasses, terrible pouring by bartender (dunked faucet in beer - major issue with me) and a bad gas mix (beer was lacking co2 - prob on a mixed cylinder).

Also to whoever said about Big Rock and its distribution, just heard that they are going out east now with Kegs...there are limited cans/bottles already in places, but Quebec is supposed to be getting Kegs soon.

Cheers!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads