Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Man, you really get around
Are those hoodoos?

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Man, you really get around
Are those hoodoos?
Yup they are, these ones happen to be at a provincial park called Writing on Stone. Quite nice camping area there also.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
My wife having a blast before the gun registry fiasco got off the ground.
Just a little 22 Ruger semi.
The Canadian Picture Thread!-scan0026_5.jpg 

Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
Yup they are, these ones happen to be at a provincial park called Writing on Stone. Quite nice camping area there also.
Fantastic looking place. The greenery plus hoodoos is a change.

The striations on the cliff below are identical to those in Oregon's fossil rich area.

The Canadian Picture Thread!-art2.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-banner.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-wos7.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-writing_on_stone22.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-writing_on_stone_alta_6989_lr.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-writing-stone-43.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-writingonstone4.jpg 

The Canadian Picture Thread!-writing-stone-26-11.jpg 

Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I am actually looking at going there to camp for a few days maybe in August.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
I am actually looking at going there to camp for a few days maybe in August.
I think I'd prefer a Spring visit. Be careful, Yosemite has 8 dead already this season. People seem to be better at falling off rocks than at climbing them.

This might even date back to land bridge times.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:15 AM  
silvester

sudbury, ontario
More to come
Old 09-15-2011, 04:42 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Seriously, I know you're just kidding but many others up here reading that may not. Your post could very well be the stimulus that initiates Phase One of Plan B (aka Let them invade, get drunk, ogle some naked women, sign on the dotted line and pass on the wealth)

But we are getting off topic here.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 AM  

Kingsville, Ontario
OK, had to post this in response to the "invasion" LOL

President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office wondering which country to invade next, when his telephone rang.

"Hallo, President Obama" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Archie, up ere at the Harp Seal Pub in Badger's Cove, Newfoundland, Canada eh? I am callin' to tells ya dat we are officially declaring war on ya!"

"Well Archie," Barack replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Archie, after a moments calculation "there is myself, me cousin Harold, me next-door-neighbor Mick, and the whole dart team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Barack paused. "I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Holy jeez," said Archie. "I'll have ta call ya back!" Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. “Mr. Obama, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Archie?” Barack asked.

"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry's farm tractor."

President Obama sighed. "I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

Lard T'underin' bye", said Archie, I'll be getting back to ya."

Sure enough, Archie rang again the next day. "President Obama, the war is still on! We have managed to git ourselves airborne! We up an' modified Harrigan's ultra-light wit a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four byes from the Legion have joined us as well!"

Barack was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. "I must tell you Archie that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to TWO MILLION!"

"Jumpins," said Archie,” I’ll have ta call youse back."

Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. "President Obama! I am sorry to have to tell you dat we have had to call off dis 'ere war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said Barack. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere's no way we can feed two million prisoners."
Old 09-16-2011, 09:54 AM  

Victoria, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraSYDiamond View Post
OK, had to post this in response to the "invasion" LOL

President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office wondering which country to invade next, when his telephone rang.

"Hallo, President Obama" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Archie, up ere at the Harp Seal Pub in Badger's Cove, Newfoundland, Canada eh? I am callin' to tells ya dat we are officially declaring war on ya!"

"Well Archie," Barack replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Archie, after a moments calculation "there is myself, me cousin Harold, me next-door-neighbor Mick, and the whole dart team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Barack paused. "I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Holy jeez," said Archie. "I'll have ta call ya back!" Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. ?Mr. Obama, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Archie?? Barack asked.

"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry's farm tractor."

President Obama sighed. "I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

Lard T'underin' bye", said Archie, I'll be getting back to ya."

Sure enough, Archie rang again the next day. "President Obama, the war is still on! We have managed to git ourselves airborne! We up an' modified Harrigan's ultra-light wit a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four byes from the Legion have joined us as well!"

Barack was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. "I must tell you Archie that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to TWO MILLION!"

"Jumpins," said Archie,? I?ll have ta call youse back."

Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. "President Obama! I am sorry to have to tell you dat we have had to call off dis 'ere war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said Barack. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Well, sir," said Archie, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere's no way we can feed two million prisoners."
WIN!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.