Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 AM  
Junior Member

Regina, Saskatchewan
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker18 View Post
Correct. Saskatchewan, the slow red headed step child to the rest of the country. But hey, they learned to count to 13 this year, so good for you, here's a gold star.
Wanna compare economies?

Care to guess what my favourite thing to do in Winnipeg is? If you guessed "get out of Winnipeg/Not get stabbed" you are correct!

__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:35 AM  
Junior Member

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
That map isn't quite accurate. Saskatchewan is technically supposed to be on MST, but because we don't observe daylight savings time we are on CST for part of the year.
I suppose when the majority of industry works from sunrise to sunset it doesn't really matter what the numbers on the clock say
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:27 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by know1 View Post
I suppose when the majority of industry works from sunrise to sunset it doesn't really matter what the numbers on the clock say
Yup.

And don't forget about crazy old Newfoundland: 30 minutes ahead, 50 years behind!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 AM  
Junior Member

Hanley, SK
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6 | Kudos: +10
Moving from AB to SK, I love not having daylight savings time
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM  
Junior Member

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Wanna compare economies?

Care to guess what my favourite thing to do in Winnipeg is? If you guessed "get out of Winnipeg/Not get stabbed" you are correct!

The best thing the rest of Canada can do to improve traffic is build a tunnel under Saskatchewan, it will improve the view on the drive through!!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 PM  
Junior Member

montreal, quebec
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17 | Kudos: +10
i thought we had 6 time zones???
Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 AM  
Junior Member
 
mbfrosch's Avatar

Milton, Ontario
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker18 View Post
Correct. Saskatchewan, the slow red headed step child to the rest of the country. But hey, they learned to count to 13 this year, so good for you, here's a gold star.
That is priceless.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM  
Junior Member

Labrador City, Newfoundland
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmers View Post
Yup.

And don't forget about crazy old Newfoundland: 30 minutes ahead, 50 years behind!
Says the Nova Scotian...LOL

Or do they call you guys Arabs now, too, since that's the largest group of people in the province these days?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.