Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 AM  

Jeeping in Alberta

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta. There are clubs all throughout Alberta. There's a lot of places to go wheeling here. The Rockies are all national parks, but they only take up the Alberta/BC boarder. I one a somewhat tricked out 05 rubi w/6" triangulated four link system by Full Traction. 4:88 and chromallies. I'll be going back to 36" Irocks shortly as well.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 AM  

Calgary, Alberta
Jealous of your rubi is me. Have an 04 WJ, just started modding it up. Cold air intake, installed, and programmer on the way. Soon as it warms up, going with the rubicon express BB, and protofab front bumper. Don't see much off road action other than the odd camping trip and occasional trip up a trail, but nothing serious.... (for now)

Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM  

Don't be jealous man, we all have to start somewhere. J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket right.. For newbees I suggest tires and a winch. The tire will get you in and the winch will get you out. Programers are $500 that can be better spent in the beginning. Like an m8000 winch and a snatch block. Go see the guys a National or Modern. They'll hook you up right. You can also get on with Calgary Jeep club for good advice.

Cheers, and keep the shiny side up..
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM  

I agree. Empties the pocket. I have a 93 wrangler with 350,000 km. Can not kill it for the life of me. Winch is comic and havnt decided on tires yet. Any suggestions
Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 PM  

Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone savy on the new 4x4 park that opened up not too long ago? I have some info. Pm me and I'll send u the link
Old 02-02-2011, 08:16 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
You're allowed to post the name of the park. Then people can just Google it
Old 02-03-2011, 02:25 PM  

It's Poirier Park over by Stony Plain, AB. and as soon as I get the url for the yet to be built site I'll post it.

Update:

Here's a letter from Travis.

Hey, how's things? In the process of getting one set up totaloffroadexperience.ca
e-mail: info@totaloffroadexperience.ca
You could even have them call me if you want (780) 499 9143

Travis
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodek View Post
I agree. Empties the pocket. I have a 93 wrangler with 350,000 km. Can not kill it for the life of me. Winch is comic and havnt decided on tires yet. Any suggestions
Ok you need to reread your words after typing them to make sure they make sense. What you get for tires will depend on what you're doing with your jeep.
What do you want to do with your jeep? Right now you have a dana 30 in the front and a dana 35 in the back. So try not to go above 33" tires with a 3.75" back spacing on your rim if you go with 33x12.5x 15 rubber. Mickey Thompson mtz are a very nice tire for all around wheeling.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strebor View Post
It's Poirier Park over by Stony Plain, AB. and as soon as I get the url for the yet to be built site I'll post it.
Let me know before you post the url and I'll help you make sure you don't cross the line with blatant advertising. Feel free to send me a PM about that at any time.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:13 PM  

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strebor View Post

Update:

Here's a letter from Travis.

Hey, how's things? In the process of getting one set up totaloffroadexperience.ca
e-mail: info@totaloffroadexperience.ca
You could even have them call me if you want (780) 499 9143

Travis
Please post back when it is set up

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads