Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Perfectly said IMO

YOU BET YOUR SWEET BIPPY I'LL PASS THIS ONE ON!!!!!!!

As a raise last year, Seniors got 2/5 th of 1% on their Canada Pension and 0% on the Old Age Security.

HOW TRUE IS THIS!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Homeless, Veterans, Orphans, etc. ?????

This is so pathetically true...in the last month we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey .

Now Pakistan , the same people who will turn around and build the IED's that kill our troops.

Also another boat load of refugees has arrived from Sri Lanka who will get aid that should go to the CANADIAN people who have worked all their lives to make this the country it is today.

This year, over 8000 refugees that we know have snuck into Canada through ports and airports and all of whom will eventually get various aid from governments.

Our retired seniors living on fixed income receive no aid while our government and religious organizations pour hundreds of millions of dollars and tons of food to foreign countries.

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

Why are so many CANADIAN citizens, and the CANADIAN government, so star struck they won't provide for our own?

CANADA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents, clothing, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if we gave ourselves the same support that we gave all of these other countries.

I feel bad for them, but I also care about CANADA and our Seniors who developed this great country, only to be forgotten.

Sad isn't it?
99% of people won't have the guts to forward this. I'm not one of them.....

How about you??

Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
From a completely personal standpoint, I totally agree with this.
We are living in ludicrous times.
Don't forget how liberal we are with our immigration policies.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:38 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
America does the same crap... lets take care of our own, BEFORE helping someone on the other side of the planet
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
You know, you are so right with this. I just copied it and sent it out via e-mail to my contacts.
Now the thing that we will to do to eliminate this problem in our great country is to start writing to our MLA's and the the other politicians and let them know that this is a BIG time problem in this country. I am sure that there has already been numerous letter writing campaigns. But we have to keep this in the forefront in their minds all the time. The news media also needs to start getting more involved with this also.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Hopefully some of this stuff will get resolved now that we have a majority
Old 05-20-2011, 09:10 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Hopefully some of this stuff will get resolved now that we have a majority
We can only hope.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.