Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Charleston
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 AM  

Charleston, SC
Home Brewers in Charleston?

Hey guys,

I just moved to the Charleston area this summer. I'm a home brewer and was wondering if anyone else on here is? Always good to hang out and talk beer!

Matt

Old 12-03-2010, 04:55 AM  

North Charleston, South Carolina
Check out Low Country Libations

We meet every month normally the last saturday. Look us up.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:59 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
I will be visiting Charleston for a long weekend. I am new to brewing and looking for a home brew shop to go to while there.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jamie
Old 01-15-2011, 06:15 AM  

I was looking to get started brewing, does anyone have a preference or good review on which kit I should purchase.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 AM  

Laurens, SC
Id recommend not buying a kit but purchasing a book with recipes. Then find your local homebrewers store and create your own beer.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:16 AM  

I am not aware of any home brewer stores in Charleston, I will need to do some research I suppose.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:42 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
In Charleston for the weekend. Wow what a great place. My in-laws are renting a place on Tradd St. Holycow what a nice place.
I just got back from a walk to buy a Growler at the Charleston Beer Exchange.
Everyone we have met are very friendly.
We're going to see the Angel tree tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 AM  

don't miss a visit to palmetto brewery, the first brewery to open in SC since prohibition. Tell ED ( one of the owners and brewmaster) that Low Country Libations homebrew club recommended the visit. While you are visiting the Angel Oak take a short drive to the tea plantation, the only tea plantation in the US
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
jaws: I didn't get a chance to visit the brewery, I have a wife and two kids 5 and 7. Need I say more....
We left today, and promptly returned. Well we didn't actually leave. My vehicle broke down in Summerville, so we had to get towed to a repair facility, and my father-in-law took us back to chalreston.
I DID HOWEVER, drink some Palmetto at A.W. Shucks yesterday after taking a carriage ride tour of the city.
I cannot say enough good things about the people and the city of Charleston. Everyone I have met has been extremely nice. Walk down the street and people actually say "hello, how are you"...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Charleston
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads