Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2010, 07:38 PM  

Salisbury, North Carolina
Any good Tex-Mex food

Hey folks, moved here from Texas about four years ago. Love it here but miss Tex-Mex food. For those of you who don't know, Tex-Mex is a type of Mexican food with a Texas flair. The closest I have found is On the Border. We have On the Border stores in Texas but it was pretty low on the list of places to go.

I have been to some pretty good Mexican food places here. Just not really Tex-Mex.

So, anyone know of some good Tex-Mex places in the Charlotte area?

Doug

Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 AM  

Charlotte, NC
Try Cabo

Not quite Tex-Mex, but Cabo Fish Taco on North Davidson is the best burrito/taco place I have eaten. I love Tex-Mex, but unfortunately it's not great in Charlotte. There is a restaurant by Southpark called San Antonio's, but I wouldn't recommend it. The have a GREAT table-side guacamole, but my entree was not very good.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:44 PM  

There is a chain in Texas called Abuelos. It's a very nice place and has great food. I found one in Myrtle Beach when I was there once and went. Same menu but the food was very bland. It's like they had taken all the kick out of it.

I have wondered why they don't seem to be here. Does not enough folks here like that kick in their food? Anyway... I miss it. I'll see if I can get to the places you mentioned.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM  

Concord, NC
Tex-Mex is my favorite part of visiting family in Houston. Haven't found anything close here yet. Maybe a good idea as a new business to open....
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM  
Roger Berrey, Realtor

Charlotte, North Carolina
If you like authentic Mexican fare, try Azteca. Excellent service, reasonable prices, great food!
Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 AM  

I finally found a place that's close to Tex-Mex... not quite but close. It's The Loco Lime. Had lunch there last week with some friends. Not bad at all. Could use a little more kick but overall a pretty good flavor.

Doug

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!