Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 04:40 AM  

NC
I carry everywhere I go. Kimber Pro Carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 AM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
me and the wife are thinking about getting CC. my dad and a buddy went to do a HVAC job in charlotte this week. well they went inside then m buddy came back out to a cracked open door. upon inspection my dad's phone was gone and my buddies GPS. gotta hate the low income areas of charlotte!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Get the Training

ChEaPsK87; Sir, I encourage you and your wife to get your "Conceal Carry";
with this encouragement, maintain control of your emotions.

CC isn't the end-all; it is a beginning in recognizing NC Laws, and how you fit into the scheme.

you have the single right; protecting yourself and family,

I did read your other piece
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 12-13-2010, 04:34 AM  

NC
The training to get your CCP is a joke. If you haven't spent a serious amount of time learning the weapon you want to carry and practicing being able to hit what you want with it then, IMO, you have no business carrying. If you're counting on the 1 day of class to take the place of prior experience and continued, regular practice you are mistaken.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 AM  

NC Conceal Carry

spittinfire: Sir, assume for a moment I agree with you.

NC concealed carry class; have nothing or very little to do with handling firearms. The ''firing'' range time; isn't set up to ''teach about firearms'', The very minimun. Much like getting a drivers license. We practice daily to drive, we practice daily to not!

As the thought suggest, practice is the key to any growth.

fundamentally; NC CC class, teach, NC Law, with regards to NC Law with self defense. A most basic class, with lots of eye opening information.Opportunity exist to grow with both learning, continued education, continued practice.

Do I like the present NC CC system, after having sat in on several class's, yes and no. (Still reminds me of a 16yr old getting drivers license)

I don't like the idea, that a Sheriff, at his descretion can determine my ''right to self defense''
I don't like criminals; who/whom take advantage of my years of effort, from working to surround myself with ''wants'' and needs, that the criminal can remove in moments, destroying and perhaps killing in the process.

With any system, sports to job profiency; the key to success is understanding, practice, learning, practice, for each of our chosen endeavors.

with different CC class's that I sat in on I learned something new, My thoughts were reinforced, my appreciation for those taking the class grew, my thankfulness that these souls are taking inititive in learning about protecting themselves.

Discouraging ''one'' person from gaining ground on the criminal, legally, would be wrong. Encouraging everyone to continue learning, continue with practice, continue growing, is a starting point.

It would be easy to share the FBI reports on Officer shooting at subjects, and the #unbelievable miss rate.

For those thinking they need to be ''Rambo'' who doesn't miss, 'practice please'; and continue practicing for the rest of your life, continue learning, after all, it is your life.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:56 AM  

NC
neo, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting their CCP. I think it's a right that every American has and we shouldn't need a permit to be able to carry a weapon. Having said that, I will stand by my statement that the class alone does not make one ready to carry. Much training and practice is needed as well as the right mental preperation should the event arise where you actually need to use your weapon.
During my class there were people who didn't yet own a gun, had never fired a gun of any kind and they wanted to carry one. In my mind they have that right whether the government says so are not but to me carrying a tool that can take a life is serious. Even in highly trained hands during a high stress situation mistakes are made and the mistakes only increase with a lack of training and practice.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:24 AM  

NC
I borrowed this from another forum I'm on. It's worth the read.

Regardless of whether justified or not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.

If you are involved in a shooting and are the survivor, this is what you MUST DO:

During the first second of post-shooting quiet, do a tactical reload and store the ejected, but not yet empty mag in a convenient pocket, DO NOT put it in your mag pouch! This will prevent you from grabbing it later thinking its fresh. During this reload do a 360 sweep clearing the area for additional BGs.

Draw down on the Bad Guy's center mass and watch his hands as you approach. Hands kill! Everything else is just a distraction! Clear the Tango of any weapons and make sure he is secured. (read: no longer a threat) DO NOT shoot again unless he moves at you. By this time you will more than likely be on someone's candid camera!

If the Tango is still alive tie his hands/feet. Once the Tango is secured, safe and holster your weapon. The officers responding have no idea what has happened, won't know who the good guy is, won't know who the bad guy is, and if they find you standing over a body with a gun in your hand you're likely to get a bad reaction.

Start to administer first aid (you are not a doctor that can pronounce) and stay alert! This guy was trying to kill you just minutes ago! Continue your 360 sweeps for any BG’s that may show up! Start yelling "CALL 911! CALL EMS!". DO THIS until someone confirms they have called!

If you are alone and while performing CPR, with your cell phone call 911 and tell them "There has been a shooting at **your location**, I'm doing CPR, get here fast!" and say nothing more. Do Not hang up and set the phone down while still connected to the 911 operator allowing then to find you. Do not speak to anyone, frequently visually clear the area for BGs and continue CPR until the police/EMS arrives. Personally I could give a **** if the BG lives or not! What I do care about is having the first responder put in his report that when he rolled up on the scene that I was trying to save the Tango’s life! That single statement in his report will show contrition on my part and instantly protect me from a prosecutor trying to portray me, the CCW permit holder as a blood-thirsty vigilante.

When asked by the police the only thing you EVER say is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please let me speak with my attorney. I assure you that you will have my full cooperation after I consult with my attorney."

You will need to surrender your identification, CCW license and weapon. With this completed, request to be released to return home, you’re about to be sick. If everything is in order they should return your ID and CCWL and let you go. With the exception of yes or no answers to ID questions DO NOT answer any other questions! You have invoked the attorney card and are not required to speak to them. You are upset, sick and want to go home! By now they have run and verified your info, know where you live and should let you go.

If the police persist with questioning you do have an option. If you are convinced they intend to run you through the grinder tell them you are so upset that you are having chest pains. (You may actually be having chest pains.) They will have to send you to the hospital and admit you to intensive care, probably for 24 hours. You cannot be questioned further and certaintly not in intensive care. You will then have time to THINK, gather your composure and visit with your lawyer. This will also be part of your record as to how upset and afraid you really were.

Remember it is the LEO's job to produce evidence, he is not your friend and anything you say can be used against you. Keep your mouth shut! Thanks Dragonheart.

Be sure you have a lawyer prior to carrying. Call the attorney now. If it's late, you will probably get a service or machine. Go on record then, do not wait until you can speak to him in person and leave this message; "This is (You) and I require your services for a shooting I was involved in an hour ago."
NEVER (did I say never?) say you shot somebody, not to anyone other than your retained lawyer and not even to him on the phone.

If you re-read the above you will notice you have NOT once said you shot your gun much less the Tango. You have not lied but more importantly, you have not provided the Tango's legal defense team anything they can run with. This is very important. Invoke the attorney card and say nothing, even when questioned about you gun being full. You are not required to! Keep saying, "I'm sick and need to go home."

Mark Twain said it best; "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

CCW is what I perceive to be the most personally responsible decision I have made third only to my wedding vows and active service to this great country. Concealed carry is NOT playing cowboys and indians (pardon my age tell) and I’m afraid that’s exactly what many are doing today. When we post encounters as entertainment rather than a positive outcome from our correct decisions we only feed to a “Denny Crain” type response.

When you decide to carry a concealed weapon, you have burdened yourself with tremendous responsibilities including, but not limited to, physical fitness, firearm and CQB training, in-depth knowledge and handling skills of your weapon of choice and the moral obligation that the issuing authority extracts from you when you applied for the CCW license.

When your 'go criteria' are met, you MUST draw your concealed carry and if nothing else has changed, it’s not time to talk, it's time to defend yourself with your loud finger. If that reaction isn’t one smooth ‘muscle memory’, you’re dead! PLEASE NOTICE: I did not say if you draw you must shoot. That’s why I included the “CHANGE” caveat because if the BG turned and ran I would clear the area and then reholster.

I would also report the incidence to the local police/county sheriff. This gives them a heads-up on the BG in their area and protects me for going non-concealed. Brandishing, here in South Florida, is prosecuted harshly to control the gangsters and road rage.

There is no fun in concealed carry; it’s a profession that must be executed by professionals. If you do not embrace this school of thought, you have no business being armed. If you don't embrace this, it is my fear that I or my loved ones could become part of your collateral damage.

I need to emphasize the gravity of this carry decision with these two points;

A. Use your head (your most powerful weapon) and only draw and fire your weapon to save you or someone’s life. This is the only righteous shooting. Anything else will find you in a cage or a box. Long before you put yourself in the ‘shoot’ position, you better have completed all the legal requirements that allow you to be there. In addition you must complete the following personal conditions;

Training,
Understand and accept the moral obligation that the issuing authority extracts from you when you applied for the CCW license,
Training,
The moral mettle to take a life,
Training,
Know and keep up on the laws covering carry in the location you are armed (political boundaries and building restrictions),
Training,
At a bare minimum have a gun rights lawyer’s phone number on your cell’s speed dial,
Training,
Retain that lawyer if you can afford it,
and did I mention training?
B. See A or you will get yourself killed!

We are neither a vigilante nor a hired gun, just a survivalist.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 AM  

Responsibility

spittinfire: Sir; a very good piece of work; ''should be'' stapled to the daily reads.
We each have responsibility, I carry, I am not a ''officer'' of any kind shape or color.
My responsibility to my family comes first, everyone becomes a second, then perhaps my responsibility to my fellow citizen, will become paramount.

I responded to your other posting, with reminders to each other. Do what you can to protect yourselves, with knowledge, understanding, throughly empowering yourself

Concealed Carry ''persons'' are not ''Police Officers"

Concealed Carry ''persons" are the 'concerned citizens'
Concealed Carry "persons'' are not vigilantes
Concealed Carry "persons" are educating themselves

I use the same words over n over ( yes, I can be redundant)

Responsibility
Practice
Knowledge
Practice
Learning
practice

use the 16 year old getting a drivers license thought; we need to practice daily
Old 12-16-2010, 05:31 PM  

I have a CC, but knowing that if I pull it out, it is in my best interest to kill the bad guy, puts a lot of pressure and responsibility on me....
Old 12-25-2010, 07:36 PM  

Annapolis, Maryland
is this the wild wild west? who are you protecting yourself against? are you really anticipating someone "gunning" you down in the streets??

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.