Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2010, 03:18 PM  

Newmanstown, PA
Here comes the JUDGE!!

Taurus Judge is a very good carry weapon, use shotgun shells first for car jacking and 45 caliber to finish the job if need be. the shotgun shell ability is excellent in self defense situation as aim is not as important.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwild1 View Post
Taurus Judge is a very good carry weapon, use shotgun shells first for car jacking and 45 caliber to finish the job if need be. the shotgun shell ability is excellent in self defense situation as aim is not as important.
I used to think the same thing till a friend showed me a .410 pattern at 6 feet. It was about 3" wide. So I guess it gives you about 2.5" more to miss and still hit your target.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:23 AM  

NC
I personally can't find a use for the Judge outside of snakes. A 410 is a poor choice for self defense even out of a full size shotgun let alone a 3" pistol. It does shoot 45LC but the design of the cylinder which is needed to accept the 410 doesn't lend itself towards accuracy. There are much better options out there, IMO.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM  

Mooresville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I personally can't find a use for the Judge outside of snakes. A 410 is a poor choice for self defense even out of a full size shotgun let alone a 3" pistol. It does shoot 45LC but the design of the cylinder which is needed to accept the 410 doesn't lend itself towards accuracy. There are much better options out there, IMO.
I agree. Practice with a caliber you can handle. IMHO, for concealed carry, nothing less than 38+P until smaller caliber ammunition can raise the bar. The idea is to stop the attack not just wound the attacker.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:20 PM  

Statesville, North Carolina
I have my CC! I dont actually carry every day, but i have a G23
Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 PM  

Mooresville, NC
Yes, I have a permit and I conceal carry a variety of handguns, depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. For the Walther PPS 40, my IWB is a tuckable unit from N82 Tactical. I am awaiting a Crossbreed Supertuck in horsehide. I have also ordered a Supertuck for my Glock 23. For OWB, I use a Fobus Evolution for the Walther PPS 40, Glock 23 and the Smith & Wesson M&P 40. For the Beretta PX4 "C" 40 I use a Blackhawk CQC.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:36 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1959 View Post
I agree. Practice with a caliber you can handle. IMHO, for concealed carry, nothing less than 38+P until smaller caliber ammunition can raise the bar. The idea is to stop the attack not just wound the attacker.
I agree. I wouldn't go any smaller then a 38 or a 380 if you prefer the auto flavor.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:04 PM  

NC
I'm gonna take the class soon to carry....i read something in this thread about having to provide a copy of DD214. Anyone know why they require vets to do this?? Just curious??
Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Dd-214

Mecklenburg County Sheriff; wants us to have ''honorable discharges''; another hoop jumping.

My renewal was turned in Dec. 8, 2010, it will be as much as 90 days from that time; before, I know whether mine has been rejected.

packbacker: Sir, follow up with your experiences. Thanks
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 AM  

Concord, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I prefer ratshot shells in a snubnose for snakes. Easier to slip in a pocket and I can still switch to .357 for other uses.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.