Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM  

Charlotte, NC
Hows the wait these days for getting your CCW processed? I got mine in 2009 and had to make my appointment with the sheriff 6 months out, and then wait 90 days for it to process.

I carry a G26 myself, though not often. I almost always have to run by campus when I am out, which is obviously off limits for CCW.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:43 PM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Driving through NC with a Concealed Weapon

I have my permit and live in Columbia SC. Each state has their own rules as how to carry it when driving. What are the rules for NC?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:45 PM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Holster question

I have purchased several holsters and can't seem to find one that is comfortable on my body. I wear shorts and tshirts a lot. The holster seems to get in my way no matter where I put it. This last time, I bought a holster that goes around your upper waste under the shirt, but when wearing a tshirt, one can tell something is in there and it's not very comfortable. Plus, I can see me having to lift my shirt to get the gun out. Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:40 AM  

NC
VLT, what holsters have you tried and what are you trying to carry?
Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 AM  

Mooresville, North Carolina
What's your body type? What weapon are you trying to carry?

I am 6' and 230#. I carry a SIG P239 in a "MIke's Concealment", leather, outside the waistband holster. I can wear it all day with no problem. If you insist on only wearing a t-shirt then you limit yourself and increase the chance you"ll "print" or show the gun through your shirt. In theI wear a t-shirt, tucked in, the OWB holster then a button up shirt over the t-shirt. It's easier in the winter time for sure with sweatshirts, sweaters, vests, jackets, etc.

Do a google search for Mike's. They are located in NC and I found/met them at a guun show in NC. I have several holsters from them. They are inexpensive, simple, well made and just plain work.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 AM  

Mooresville, North Carolina
Also, wearing a gun takes some getting used to both mentally and physically. People arent going to examine you as much as you will examine yourself in the mirror. They probably don't notice what color shirt you're wearing, much less if that bulge on your side is a phone, insulin pump, gun etc. Relax. If I see someone tug at their shirt, I'm pretty sure they're carrying. You'll start to be more attentive and notice more bulges in people's shirts. It's fun to try to find them.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:46 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
Spittin Fire & Gotlime:

I carry a .38 revolver. I have a holster that clips onto my pants, but it tends to want to rise/come loose and I don't feel comfortable with it. I've tried wearing it inside my pant waist, but it gets in my way when I set down. I recently bought one where it velcros around the upper waist , but looks buldgy standing (like I have something sticking out of my stomach). I don't wear pants with beltloops so those kind are out for me.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:46 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
Spittin Fire & Gotlime:

I carry a .38 revolver. I have a holster that clips onto my pants, but it tends to want to rise/come loose and I don't feel comfortable with it. I've tried wearing it inside my pant waist, but it gets in my way when I set down. I recently bought one where it velcros around the upper waist , but looks buldgy standing (like I have something sticking out of my stomach). I don't wear pants with beltloops so those kind are out for me.
Take a look at crossbreed supertuck. I carry a 1911 in one and can do so comfortably all day no matter what I'm doing. I've driven for 8 hours, split wood, played with the dog, taken a nap, you name it and the weapon doesn't move. Best thing about the super tuck is that I can still tuck in my shirt so if I want to go to church or a wedding I can still carry without changing anything.

Also invest in a good renforced belt. A good belt makes a WORLD of difference in keeping control over the weapon while it's holstered.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:42 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Lady's different options

VLT: Ma'am, ladys/gal have unique needs with conceal carry. Applications are hindered with ''pants without belt loops''

Generally; fanny pack; or for me a man bag. I have found some interesting body wrap thing'ee; that sucked big time: hahaha

On a gal; yuk o; hahaha.

Their is one; that a young lady has demonstrated, I call it a ''marsupial'' type.
It fits below the belly button; keeping everything ''firearm, keys, small purse thing, additional magazine.

description; young lady, small framed, 5'2''? shapely, with blue jeans.
She is practiced with the unit, She sat for me, squat down, bent over, turned sideways, and I ask to see it from the back lolol

Her Dad, came; Average sized medium framed, with blue jeans, he did the same demonstration, with back side exception. lolol

Deep Concealment Face Off: SmartCarry vs. Thunderwear

The folks come to Columbia Gun show, at the ?fair grounds''

at the stadium.

Research these; another

another; I spent time with this past weekend;

Ghost Belt; made with high quality spandex material

Ghostbelt.com

My choice? in time either the Smart Carry; or Thunderwear type;

follow up; ask questions, and we can try and find answers with practical experiences.

Thanks for your question
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
spittinfire/neophyte:

spittinfire...do you wear the ITB or OTB type? I just took a look at them and think that might work for me. I see that also have a mini one, but my gun isn't listed for that one.

neophyte: Thank you for your recommendations too.

Vicky

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads