Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 10:12 AM  

NC
The supertuck is an IWB holster. It really is the most comfortable IWB holster I've tried and the most concealable. I can make my 1911 disappear in shorts and a t shirt. Not to mention it has a lifetime warranty to go with it. They really are great people to deal with.
I have a blackhawk holster I wear on my belt for when I'm out in the yard or at the range but for concealled carry, IWB I always go back to the supertuck.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Conceal Carry Holsters

VLT; Ma'am, try this site for a visual,

IWB

For Blackhawk:

Holsters | Gun Holsters for Glock, Beretta, & Ruger | SERPA Holsters - BLACKHAWK!

Another; ''Murph" designed and builds some fine working holsters.
Many of the local gun shows, his products are available. Looking at the CrossBreed; his are very similar; and similar to my Glock, SW-638; Ruger GP100; these are my carry type

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 AM  
VLT

Columbia, SC
I contacted the makers of the supertuck and asked if I could go with the minituck with my .38 and they said no. They also stated that their holsters are made to wear with belts, which I don't wear.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:11 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
VLT: Ma'am; I understood that from your original posting. your situation isn't odd; many women have the same type issuse. {never am I condecending}

The more this thread developes; the more other can become aware. With additional thoughts; suggestions

I introduced the Thunderwear; and Smart Carry. These seem workable, in many ways

you tube

follow up; and we can continue thinking lolol; with 's

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 AM  

NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
I contacted the makers of the supertuck and asked if I could go with the minituck with my .38 and they said no. They also stated that their holsters are made to wear with belts, which I don't wear.
Not wearing a belt is a big issue when trying to carry. There are some options out there like what neophyte mentioned but IMO, they don't work as well as a holster that is attached to a solid gun belt. The reason for that opinion is that a holster attached to a belt simply offers better control of the weapon. It holds it in the same place which allows for fast draw as well as ease of reholstering. The soft holsters with elastic do not lend themselves at all to reholstering(I don't want to have to take my pants down to reholster my weapon).
The best advice I can give you is try a few. Yes, you spend a little money but it's really the only way to find out what works best for you and very few people prefer the same carry rig, worn in the exact same way.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!