Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM  
Joy

Crime at UNCC

Why is the Crime rate so high in the University City Area, especially directly adjacent to the campus. The following website has me terrified of moving there.

http://thinkingofattendinguncc.blogs...attending.html

I have been on city data, and read the questions about this area, but nobody seems to believe that the area is ridden with crime.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Areas around most colleges are full of crime.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:57 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
That blog link you posted resembles thousands of similar blogs posted by thousands of similarly disenchanted malcontents from all over the planet. If you let the internet terrify you, you are doing it wrong.

It's very easy to start a blog and to find some sensationalist news "stories" to support whatever prejudiced point you want to make in order to try to make it sound credible.

This quote really cracked me up "I thought I would make it easy for someone who is considering being part of this great school to see some facts that I've gotten off the internet. This way, nobody can say that I am making anything up."

Either Jay shouldn't be in university in the first place, or he's trying really hard to be disingenuous.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM  
Joy

I checked the CMPD crime blog as well as the Charlotte Observer and every one of those crimes is verifiable. I don't think the guy is trying to be a sensationalist. It looks to me like he's doing a community service by publishing the reports. I corresponded with him thru his blog. He didn't come across as a malcontent at all. He seems to think that the university doesn't do enough to inform the students of the dangers on campus. He says he will be attending graduate school at Brown University in the fall. I admire the kid.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
Charlotte is a toilet, so any crime rate is compounded simply because of the city.
The sister city is Atlanta, Ga., so there's a clue.
It's BEST to move to a OUTLYING AREA and be much safer.

There are other Universities like U.N.C.C.
One is U.N.C.G.
I live in Greensboro and have no idea what the crime rate is on/near Campus.

If you're LOOKING FOR THE BAD, you'll find it.
If you're LOOKING FOR THE GOOD, you'll find it.

CHEERS!!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:28 AM  

RiponredTJ, The CMPD released a report that indicated that the University City area's crime rate is higher than the rest of the city. The CMPD declared the University City area a separate crime district.

And that website links to actual police reports and news sites. You should spend some time reading it. You might get a better idea of what's happening there. BTW, there's more than one student running the website.

Check it out:

http://thinkingofattendinguncc.blogs...attending.html

Last night, campus police caught a guy running across the campus with a gun. Yeah, I'd be disgruntled if I couldn't feel safe on campus.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.