Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Portillo's is the old standby 'cause they're everywhere. Donalds on Cermac is good too.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:45 AM  

Chicago, IL
JR's fast food chain out in the South suburbs.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 AM  

chicago, illinois
freddies on 31st and union by far
Old 01-17-2011, 11:59 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Gene and Jude's has my favorite in the city, although Chickie's (known mostly for their beef) on 2839 S. Pulaski has solid Vienna beef wieners with natural casing (a must for a proper Chicago hot dog.) Both of these places are the minimalist style (onions, mustard, relish, optional sport pepper) of Chicago hot dog, not the drag-through-the-garden style on a poppy seed roll.

And Portillo's, despite it being a local chain, does a solid job with the dogs, too, more of the stereotypical "Chicago dog." (The only difference, I think, is they don't use the neon relish.) The char dog at the infamous Wiener Circle is one of my favorites, too. Just don't go there on a weekend night when the drunken frat ******bag crowd comes out.
I agree with everything you just posted 100%!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM  

Grand Rapids, MI
I will have to agree with Hot Doug's. Any time we head down to Chicagoland to visit family, Hot Doug's is one of our mandatory stops.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 AM  

Chicago, Illinios
Best dogs IMO are from this little hot dog stand across from Hiawatha Park. Chucho's! It's on the intersection of Addison and Forest Preserve drive.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!