Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 09:44 PM  

Chicago, IL
Best places to get a beer in Chicago

Chicago has some great bars and pubs. Here's a few of my favorite places to grab a drink or two or three etc. Please reply with your favorites and what makes them worth going to.

Great Selection

Hopleaf lots of great craft and import beers, belgians, etc. Big draft selection and plenty more bottles.
Quenchers mostly bottles but a lot to choose from. Sort of the poor mans Hopleaf. Bands play in the adjoining room so it can get pretty loud.

Mega Cheap

Goldies dollar PBR all day every day. Nuff said.

Great View

Signature Room Bar on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building. Its free to go up there but expect to pay 7 bucks or more for a beer. Awesome views of the city.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Finnegan's in Plainfield. Great food and a great beer list. Right in the middle of a nice little area.

Limestone in Plainfield. Great beer and the menu is about to get redone. Good atmosphere to boot. Has some old pictures of the defunct E. Porter Brewing Company, which is cool to check out.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 AM  

River Forest, IL
I know they tend to be larger and less personal, but the Elephant and Castle pubs have a good selection of British beers and are always hopping.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 PM  

chicago, il
In Chicago you can't go wrong with Small Bar, Quencher's, Map Room, or Local Option if you're looking for great beer selection.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 PM  
vav

Chicago, IL
I tend to frequent Goose Island's Clybourn Brewpub, The Hopleaf, Fountainhead, Revolution Brewpub, and Acre.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:18 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
There is a great beer bar called Twisted Spoke. Phenomenal beer selection, including an aged bottle list. It has a rough, biker type theme to it, but everyone has always been very friendly.

There isn't a lot of variety at Kuma's Corner, but the beers they do have are great. On top of which, I don't hesitate to say try have the best burgers I've ever eaten. It has a heavy metal theme, so I wouldn't recommend it as a family joint or a place to take a first date.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 AM  

Chicago, IL
Hopleaf and The Map Room are required in order to talk beer in Chicago. Coopers is my favorite neighborhood joint.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM  

Chicago, IL
Going to have to agree with all the bars everyone has stated.

Hopleaf(5148 N Clark Street), Map Room(1949 N Hoyne Ave), Small Bar(multiple locations), Quenchers Saloon(2401 N Western Ave). I also really enjoy a number of Goose Island(multiple locations) beers.

Also seems a lot more bars throughout Chicago are increasing their craft brew selections.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:35 AM  

More Bars

Last time I was in town, Cody's at Paulina and Barry in Chicago was a nice place to have a Guinness. I shoot pool so I like the Gingerman too, down on Clark near the Metro.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:36 PM  

Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkp View Post
Last time I was in town, Cody's at Paulina and Barry in Chicago was a nice place to have a Guinness. I shoot pool so I like the Gingerman too, down on Clark near the Metro.
Dude, I live 5 blocks away from Cody's, and that place is amazing. I throw parties all the time in their badass back yard area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads