Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2010, 11:21 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Craig and Mandy are fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munklunk View Post
I'm good friends with Craig and Mandy. Do you know them?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:07 PM  

Naperville, IL
Piece Pizza on North Ave has not only awesome beer, but some of the best pizza I've had.

Piece Brewery & Pizzeria | Dine In or Carry Out :: Chicago

Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 PM  

Dekalb, IL
IMO, nothing compares to Goose Island Clybourn. It has awesome food. Quality and creative brews. And has a great atmosphere. I'm finding that it's not too hard now finding restaurants/ bars that carry a good variety of beers, so I usually look for unique/ local brewed beers when I go out.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM  

Austin, TX
I visited Chicago recently for the first time. Goose Island Clyborn was great with a tremedous variety of house beers. However, I thought the Hop Leaf was fantastic. The food was killer and the beer selection was great. I can't wait to go back!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM  

Chicago, IL
Look out for a great new Brew Pub opening on 12/15/10 called the Haymarket Pub and Brewery located on the corner of Randolph & Halsted.
The well respected Chicago brewmaster, Pete Crowley does magic with his barrel aged beers. Hell, he's got 80 barrels set up in the aging room.
Look for lots of amazing barrel aged Belgians.
Check them out at:
Haymarket Brewery
Old 12-01-2010, 04:25 PM  

IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthurley View Post
Piece Pizza on North Ave has not only awesome beer, but some of the best pizza I've had.

+1 for Piece....they also offer $1 3 oz pours, a 10 oz pour and 16 oz pour....so you can build your own sampler.

Great place.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 PM  

Chicago, IL
Brew Pubs & Beer Bars

Three of my favorite beer bars and brew pubs:

Map Room - In Bucktown at Armitage and Hoyne, this neighborhood corner bar with an amazing beer selection and very knowledgeable staff. If you can't find something you like here... you've gone to the wrong address. Their monthly international nights pair their beers with food from local ethnic restaurants. Give it a shot!
The Map Room - A Traveller's Tavern in Chicago

Hopleaf - At Clark & Foster, they have a great beer selection. Loads of carefully picked craft beers including lots of great Belgians.
Hopleaf • Uptown, Chicago

Piece - Located on North Avenue at Winchester, these guys brew some excellent award winning beer. Try the Top Heavy Hefeweizen a South German-style Hefeweizen. They also specialize in New Haven CT style pizza, a unique thin crust pie you'll just have to try
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM  

Chicago, IL
Some more outstanding Brew Pubs & Beer Bars in Chicago (Bridgeport)

Maria's Packaged Goods and Community Bar. Located 960 W 31st Street in beautiful Southside Bridgeport not to too far from The Cell.
This is a "New Old Place" that has recently been re-concepted to become a truly first-class craft beer venue in this evolving neighborhood. Well worth the trip. I think they just bumped their draft selection up to 18 craft brews! Look over the place here: Maria's Packaged Goods & Community Bar | Artisanal Beverages and Craft Beers in Bridgeport

Skylark. Also located in Bridgeport at 2149 S Halsted St (between 21st Pl & Cermak Rd). This place is a great venue to meet folks & have some terrific craft brews on tap and bottle served by friendly bartenders. I'm really liking the Left Hand Milk Stout! It's also a great place to catch some late night comfort food. You sure won't be disappointed in the prices!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 PM  

Brixies is one of the best places go get a beer in the Chicagoland area.

Brixies, in Brookfield, is one of those places where you can plunk down at the bar, look to the guy or gal sitting next to you, and start a conversation about beer.

They have 32 microbrews on tap, and are constantly swapping them out so you always have new brews to try. I once consumed almost half a Corney keg of Surly Darkness there, coming in from work almost every evening. Darkness is rated as one of the top beers in the world, and they always have something listed in the top 100 beers.

Besides Beer they have a Killer Kitchen. The food is awesome! Try one of their cheese burgers. It comes with 4 different cheeses including one layer that is batter fried! It is the best burger I have ever had! Brenna, the cook, is incredible!

Oh, and did I mention music? The have a great selection of local and traveling bands too.

I forgot, they have a facebook presence as well, where they broadcast the daily specials and more.

Brixie's | 9526 W Ogden | Brookfield, IL | 708.387.0050

Check it out, hang around and make friends. This place is a keeper!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:22 PM  

Brixies has Breakfast Stout!!!

They have Founders Breakfast Stout on tap! Geez, I miss this place! I have moved to Guam and can no longer go there. Breakfast Stout is rated at number 8 in the top 100 at ratebeer. It is truly excellent beer!

I would call first to make sure they haven't run out. The selection here changes rapidly.

Brixie's | 9526 W Ogden | Brookfield, IL | 708.387.0050

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!