Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM  

Chicago, IL
Chicago Speed traps

I hope this isn't too controversial. Does anyone know where the police like to hide and catch speeders? I know of one on the north side, On Nagle south of Lawrence.

What other speed traps do you know of?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 PM  

Palos Heights, IL
I've seen them on Lake Shore Drive going southbound just after Soldier Field. They will sit there and wait for you to come over the little bridge there. Sometimes they have there lights on as if someone is pulled over. I think the speed limit is 40 but most traffic goes 65 if its moving. It's an easy catch for them.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 PM  

Chicago
Check this out. I agree with several I see listed here so it appears to be fairly accurate.If you are traveling you can even search by state.

Illinois Speed Traps | The National Speed Trap Exchange
Old 12-24-2010, 02:30 PM  

Chicago, IL
There is a bridge that goes over I-55 on Damen a few blocks south of Blue Island. There are a lot of warehouses over there. When you're going northbound it is tempting to fly down the hill, but I occationally see cops sitting at the bottom of the hill waiting to nab people.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:54 PM  

Chicagoland, Illinois
More than once I've seen on officer clocking people from an overpass over 355 just south of North Ave.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:57 PM  

Chicago, IL
A trick I've found (at least on South Lake Shore) is to keep an eye down the road for brake lights. Police are always hiding behind the overpasses down there; so when I see someone get close to an overpass and hit their brakes I know to ease up on the gas a bit.

Of course. . . this assumes that you're not the guy barreling down at 80mph. . .

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads