Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 PM  

Lake Wawasee in Syracuse IN very beautiful lake with good fishing and a cool bar called the Frog.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_chevalier View Post

Michigan's wine country has been a recent favorite of ours. We can get off work, zip around the south end of the lake and be at a B&B in St. Joseph within a few hours. It makes for a nice, relaxing weekend of countrysides and tastings (although you can still see the glow of Chicago from across the lake sometimes).
I live in St. Joe, and have all my life.

Next time you are over in St. Joe, go to Tosi's Restaurant in Stevesville. it has been a higher class place to eat around here since the 50's. I was just looking through olds pictures with my grandpa there other night, and it was incredible how many of pictures they had from the restaurant. Everything is exceptional. Last night my parents split the BBQ ribs, as did my grandparents. Probably the best in the area! My mom and grandpa try them every place we go. I had a pizza from the wood burning oven, and as always... it was fantasic. I was full after eating half of it(they are not very big), but it was so incredible I couldn't stop until it was all gone.

It's only a few miles south of Saint Joseph, in StevensVille. But WELL worth the drive. It is sort of hidden, on a back road. I am not an advertiser for them, the food and atmosphere is just too good to NOT try if you are in the area.

It's pricey by our standards around here, but well worth it. When they bring bread to your table, be sure to ask for the rye bread. It's very tasty, and they always seem to run out.

Tosi's Restaurant
4337 Ridge Road
Stevensville, MI 49127

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.