Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 PM  

Rockford, IL
Favorite Local Bands

What are some of your favorite local bands?

I have a friend that plays the fiddle with Kevin Purcell & the Nightburners. They play a lot of Rock and R&B. They always put on good shows and rock the house. If you haven't seen them, look them up online or on Facebook. They are definitely worth checking out.

I've also seen a band called Hello Dave a couple times and thought they also put on a great show.

Has anyone else seen either of these bands? If so, what did you think? Who are your favorites you would recommend going to see?

Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM  

Rockford, IL
I can't believe no one has any input on other local bands.

Well, Kevin Purcell & the Nightburners will be playing at Doc's Bar and Grill in Wauconda on Saturday night starting around 9pm. They put on a great show!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 PM  

I just heard about Chicago Farmer, he's a folk singer and has some good stuff on Itunes
Old 02-03-2011, 03:20 PM  

Stellar road is a great local band. The have some great potential to make it.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 AM  

NorthWest Side, IL
Anybody like Evolution formerly Hi Infidelity? I do, great cover band.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 AM  

The Reaganomics...

Here's a few more good local Chicago bands and shows...
Chicago Local Bands
Old 03-04-2011, 01:31 PM  

Rockford, IL
I recorded a couple songs from Kevin Purcell and the Nigthburners last show and posted them to Youtube. The sound quality from my 15 year old camcorder doesn't do them justice. The fiddle player is a personal friend of mine.

Check out this video and do a search if you want to see more.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM  

Chicago
+1 on Stellar Road. My daughters friends brother is in the band. Been following them for a while. I heard them mention them on XRT a few weeks ago.
Not positive if you can call them local but how about Poi Dog Pondering. I've seen them many times over the years and I don't think they venture to far out of the city and burbs for live shows. Frank Orall's energy never ceases to amaze me.
Then there is The Deal. A few of my daughter's friends are in the band and I've known them since kindergarden. They played live in my yard last summer for my 50th. A great time had by all.
Other than that we love hanging out in the beer garden at Navy Pier during the summer. You can catch a lot of good local talent and it's a great place for people watching as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.