Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Sounds like the pros and cons of any major city in the U.S.

How about the wind? I would think that would be a con.
Boston is windier.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
I've been living around Chicago all of my life, and now go to college in Denver. I love the city atmosphere and amenities that Chicago has to offer. Denver, however, does not provide the same feel that Chicago does. The only thing I wish Chicago had was mountains!

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMMOTH View Post
Professional sports is a nice touch.
It sucks that every time I want to go to a NHL game I have to road trip for hours.
Blackhawks start Thursday!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 PM  
Chi Town

addison, il
Chicago?

Most of the pros and cons you discuss go for the entire northern area of Illinois.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM  

Lombard, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeep4x4 View Post
I've been living around Chicago all of my life, and now go to college in Denver. I love the city atmosphere and amenities that Chicago has to offer. Denver, however, does not provide the same feel that Chicago does. The only thing I wish Chicago had was mountains!
Mountains would definitely be a huge plus!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 PM  
Linux Lobbyest

Alsip, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
It is close to a major international airport
Midway and O'Hare are both international airports and O'Hare only has 2 more runways than Midway currently.

edit: And what about the plus of having some of the cleanest/cheapest city provided water supply in the world?
Albeit broken often what about the fact that the CTA is even there at all, is cheaper then driving and runs every 15min (when not broke).

I find this list fairly incomplete and now realize all that I'm missing going to school in Charleston.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:30 PM  

Chicago, IL
And Chicago was named the #1 sports city in the country due to fan loyalty, game attendence & DITKA! lol! I love it here, wouldn't be anywhere else.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:59 PM  

Parachute, CO
That is one reason why I would never want to move there, the lack of rights on gun use. Here in Colorado they have the Make My Day law, no joke. I feel safer! =D That's interesting about the origin of the Windy City term. My brother lives in Chicago, and I don't believe he knows it. I will have to inform him!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 PM  

hendersonville, tn
Come to Hendersonville TN It's great here. I really don't know of any Cons. Now if you live in Nashville ya TONS of cons but H-ville is great love it. I've lived here for about 15 years and my wife and I are buying our first house and this is where we want to raise our family when we start one lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:36 PM  

Santa Cruz, CA
Incredible food and great neighborhood bars. I've been to almost every major city in the US and Chi-town takes the cake. Get some italian beef and an old style and get lost.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.