Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 PM  
South Sider

Chicago, Illinois
Parking help

Sounds like your friend needs help with how to work the meters.

One of the best places to find illegal parkers is outside the Administrative Hearings building at 400 W. Superior.

That is where all the people who do not know the rules end up. Many people park badly, in front of, or around that building.

Lots of ticket get issued there.

tom o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz22 View Post
What gets me are parking tickets... I know a friend who was trying to clear up a improperly issued ticket, and got another fine while she was parked at the parking services place. Enough is enough!

Old 01-26-2011, 05:56 PM  

Lebanon, Tn
We are getting alot of them here in Tn as well.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:01 PM  
South Sider

Chicago, Illinois
T - Intersections

I do not believe that there is a requirement that signs be posted on the continuous side of a T-intersection.

There are some rules you are presumed to know. These are usually taught in the drivers ed classes and are in the rules of the road published by the state.

The rules of the road talk about parking in an intersection. The continuous side of the T-intersection is still "in" the intersection.

Argue if you like but them's the rules.

tom o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
I did this in Chicago, sending in a request for appeal complete with pictures, and it was denied. This was a spot near a T intersection. There was no yellow where my car was parked, but there was in front of me. There was no "No Parking" sign. However, I guess that the ramped sidewalk on the opposite side of the road must have indicated a cross-walk (my ticket) even though there was no ramp on my side. Confusing at best and I think no way justifies a ticket.

Chicago is good about confusing parking signs. I think, seriously, that they do it on purpose. Like signs that use AND and OR in the same sign. You can interpret it different ways depending on the punctuation (which signs don't have).
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM  
South Sider

Chicago, Illinois
Speeding is Criminal

The reason the camera type tickets work in Illinois is because they are Civil offenses. No jail time is possible. The penalties are fines only.

Speeding is a Criminal offense.

Parking tickets do not need to allege that you were driving or that you parked.

Speeding tickets need to be issued to a person and not to a vehicle. The officer must see you speeding and issue the ticket to you personally.

For this reason, it is unlikely that the City will issue Speeding tickets via cameras.

Having said this... the sensors in the streets where red light cameras are positioned can and do record your speed.

tom o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gne100 View Post
I have heard that all of the redlight cameras are also set up to act as speed traps as well. The city would be able to issue speeding tickets at the intersections as well. I am curious if anyone else has heard about this....
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM  

Antioch, Illinois
I got one in Chicago over the summer. I saw the flash and I knew what it was. I got a bill a few weeks later for $65.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 AM  

Chicago, Illinios
My tech-savy friend downloaded all the red light camera locations from a website, uploaded them to my garmin GPS and they are now saved at Points of Interest on my GPS.

Any time I approach a Red Light POI, I get a message saying I am 500 meters from a red light camera. Pretty handy but you constantly need to update the POIs.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Bookmark this Page!