Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 06:48 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Blue Ash Chili for me! Skyline is a convenient second, though, when I just want something I know will be consistent and good. Skyline is getting pretty skimpy on cheese now, though, which doesn't lead to my business much anymore.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 PM  

hands down dixie chili is the best. also camp washington. and of course skyline.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:26 PM  
Storm Chaser

Cincinnati,Ohio, Harrison,Ohio
Skyline then Gold Star. Local favorite in Harrison is Nicks. Great Chili and killer Dubble Deckers....They have 2 pounds of lunch meat on them, like J&J's in Western Hills only better and bigger. Gotta love the Greeks for making me fat!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Skyline (any) first and Gold Star a close second. I've got to try Nicks in Harrison as I'm a sucker for a good Ham & Beef Double Decker.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:29 PM  

Has anyone noticed how watery and thin Skyline Chili has gotten?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
"Cincinnati chili" has always been demon diarrhea to me.

We had a chili cook-off at work in which participants were to make "real" chili. I didn't participate. I should have. 2nd place put ground cloves in his chili to the point of making it gritty. 1st place had no spices.

Cincinnati natives have forgotten what chili tastes like.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:08 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
While I'm more of a Texas-style chili fan, I do have to give a thumbs-up for the five-way chili served at Main Street Cafe in Newtown (and no, I'm not an employee, just an occasional customer).

I don't understand what people like about Skyline chili ... I'll give it one star for consistency; it's always been bland and tasteless to me. Gold Star is just a watery mess.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:33 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Gold-Star all the way! I went into a Skyline a few months ago and couldn't eat it. I'll wait another 10 years before I try it again.

Runny cinnamon flavored chilli and rubbery old cheese is what Skyline has (IMO)!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:30 AM  

cincinnati, oh
The best chilli I ever had was at the fire house. But if we are talking chains, I am a Skyline man all the way.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM  

cincinnati, Ky
Skyline by far and when you are there don't forget to do the cracker with the hot sauce thing (I call them torpedos). Take the end of your fork and poke a small hole in the top of the cracker and fill it up with hot sauce, as you bite down on the cracker the hot sauce explodes in your mouth.....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads