Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2014, 07:17 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
brookville theater

This article appeared in The Brookville Democrat Oct. 15. It's not online so I just cut out the article (the actual hard copy!) and scanned it.
greater cincinnati movie theaters-bvd-10-15-14.jpg 

Old 10-26-2014, 05:49 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
update on cinemark western hills

Cinemark Western Hills is slowly being remodeled. I was in one of the new theaters this morning.
The updated theaters have fewer but much larger and cozier seats. I couldn't figure out, however, how to make mine recline, and so I sat up very straight during the movie which was kind of uncomfortable. The line to buy tickets was a little time-consuming. In these remodeled rooms, you have to pick in advance which seat you want, which is called digital reserved seating. The complex will be needing more ticket sellers if it wants the lines to move faster to accomplish this.
I've also discovered the early bird special and I assume this is for movies showing before 12 p.m. Evening admission is $9.75, a matinee is $6.75 but when I went this morning for an 11:15 a.m. show, it was only $5.50. Considering that the second-run theaters here are $3, I thought that was a good price.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:23 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
parkland theatre

The Parkland Theatre in Sayler Park will be first-run beginning Jan. 2.
http://www.parklandtheatre.com/
Old 01-17-2015, 09:36 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
another new theater

Another new theater! Thank goodness!
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...week/21863181/
Old 02-01-2015, 06:03 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
screens at cincinnati mall

I haven't been to the theater in Forest Fair/Cincinnati Mills/Cincinnati Mall in probably 20 years. I went there today. Although the theater was nice for a second-run, the mall is a little creepy.
I parked in the lower level of the garage and went inside the mall. Don't make the mistake I did and go into the garage entrance just to the left of Kohl's. It's kind of scary! Go around the garage and down the side driveway on the east side of the facility.
Once you get inside, go to the left and then to the left again to find the theater. It's not well-marked.
The mall has a few visitors and stores, and a large popular children's play area, but much of it is blocked off. The entire facility is okay during the day, but I wouldn't go there at night.
If you want to go to Kohl's or Bass Pro, use their outside entrances, which are very busy.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:25 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
second friday movies in rising sun

http://cityofrisingsun.com/NewsUpdat...r-Jan-Apr.aspx
January - Guardians of the Galaxy
February - The Princess Bride
March - The Lego Movie
April - Big Fish
Old 03-06-2015, 06:54 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
the matchmaker

The 1997 movie The Matchmaker, set in Ireland and starring Janeane Garofalo and Milo O'Shea, will be shown in Madison, Ind. It will be shown at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10, at the Red Bicycle, 125 E. Main St. Cost is $5 per person. This is part of Madison's St. Paddy's Party.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
planned for eastgate

at the Danbarry site
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...gate/70527714/
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
starlite drive in needs repair

The screen is rotting.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...pair/70666792/
Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
prices raised at wh cinemark

I found out the hard way when I went into the Western Hills Cinemark Theater that movies are not discounted after 4 p.m. on weekends. For years the movies were considered matinees all week up to 6 p.m., so the policy must have been changed recently.
I went to see The Age of Adaline for the 5:45 p.m. showing on Sunday, May 24, and was shocked to be charged $9.90 instead of the usual $6.90.
When the movie was over, I went to the ladies' room and saw that it had been used quite heavily that day, considering how many paper towels were stuffed into the trash. (The fact that the restroom needed to be cleaned is another story.) But when I first entered the multiplex to buy my ticket, the place was pretty much deserted. In other words, the earlier shows had been quite popular but the later afternoon ones were being ignored. (There were only three of us to see Adaline.)
I understand why--no one wanted to pay the higher prices that early. I wonder how long that policy will last?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!