Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Being a bit of a drive from Dayton, when I go to Jungle Jim's, I usually make a day of it. I might hit up Dave and Buster's, and also check out Ikea. The highlight is usually Jungle Jim's.

They have an awesome beer and wine selection, first off. Their deli is also unbelievable (about the only place I can pick up authentic sausages including Polish kiszka). I love looking at all of the live fish that can be cleaned for your culinary pleasure as well.

The giant hot sauce aisle is always a delight, and I love browsing through the random foods from a multitude of nations.

The prices on things might be a bit high, but you're going to pay a premium for this sort of selection.

I hope more and more people diversify their palettes at Jungle Jim's. It can be an exciting, educational, and very fun place.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Jungle Jim's has a great selection of international food stuffs. Their fish & meat is also of the highest quality. JJ's can be much more than grocery shopping; IMO, it's an expedition.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:14 PM  

Loveland, OH
Jungle Jim's has a great selection of beer. Worth a trip for the beer alone.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassinRei View Post
Though, Dayton is further you should really try to go there at least once in your life. The staff there is AMAZING. They can answer any question you might have, regardless of how weird it may seem. I'm fairly certain just about all the employees on the home brew side do it themselves so it's fun to hear about their latest creations.

Now that I think about it I can recall a Cincinnati Home Brew store with the biggest selection I've ever seen in real life. I'll have to do some research to find its name again. My boyfriend and I met the owner at a beer event this September.

I believe that your are referring to Listermann's, it's located behind Xavier U.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 AM  

Waynesville, Ohio
It has been awhile since visity Jungle Jim's but always a good time. Last visit I sampled some hot sauce and I think my mouth is still on fire!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
As for the Jungle Jims (Eastgate), the local Community Journal said it'd be open by November 2011. I can't wait, I've never been to the original Jungle Jims cause that's quite a haul from Eastgate but now I'll have one in my backyard practically.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 AM  

cincinnati, oh
I concur Jungle Jims has the best beer selection, cheese selection. And I didn't see anyone mention that they have a prety wide variety of fresh seafood, and fish.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 PM  

Fairfield Twp., OH
The new location is kinda a weird pick. (Eastgate Blvd. by receptions) No real easy way to get in and out. Anybody who has been to the Fairfield location on a weekend knows how busy it can get. Glad to see they are expanding tho.

We will see.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 PM  

cincinnati, Ky
I will believe it when I see it with the store in Eastgate. He was also supposed to open up a store in Oakley 4 years ago and that never happened and before that he was going to open one in NKY. Not sure he could pull off bulding another one, it is such a unique place that I am not sure you could have more than one and have the same experiene.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:04 AM  

CINCINNATI, OHIO
Any update for the opening of the JJ's annex in Eastgate (old Biggs)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!