Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2018, 11:11 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
miami center

The Miami Center in Cleves, which houses both the local senior center and the local library, is the most un-ergonomic building I have ever been in. It's built on a diagonal floor plan on the side of a steep hill. It's awkward to walk around in.
The parking lot is on the left, the senior center is in the middle and the library is on the right, with its entrance on the far right. If you want to drop off a library book when the building is closed, you have to drive up a steep hill into a tiny diagonal parking lot, walk back down the steep driveway, walk across the sidewalk and then walk up a number of steps to get to the book drop at the far end of the building.
The senior center's doors to go into that half of the building are heavy and narrow and at an odd angle
Why am I complaining about walking? Because if you have some sort of disability the library is basically inaccessible.
I got the idea to write this post after seeing the movie Winchester. I have started calling the building the Cleves Winchester House.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:07 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
the parking lot, again

This morning when I went up the little driveway ramp for the center, I rammed my front right car tire against the sidewalk, which sits up rather high from the parking lot.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.