Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
New recycling bins.

So have you gotten one of the new recycling bins? Do you like it? I think they seem a little large but with biweekly pick up you never know, maybe I can fill it, although that is a lot of beer.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:02 PM  

zanesville, Ohio
Good excuse to have a few friends over and watch some games!!!! around 4 cases of beer later you should have made a dent in the new containers, lol

Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
I like them, but what many don't seem to know is if you find it is just too large to store, for your average amount of recyclables, or too much to handle (like disabled or elderly) you can call the city and get it swapped out for a smaller one.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
I'm glad city council has decided to promote 'greener' initiatives, but not in the presence of a 60 million dollar deficit.... but don't worry, the streetcars will save us... yeah right.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrewer View Post
I'm glad city council has decided to promote 'greener' initiatives, but not in the presence of a 60 million dollar deficit.... but don't worry, the streetcars will save us... yeah right.
But over time, does it save money? Which is cheaper? Putting recyclables in Mt. Rumpke or getting more people to recycle more? I've found that I'm recycling more, just because I have more room in the bin than with the old one. I haven't seen the figures for Cincinnati, but in Dayton, the tipping fee for garbage is $33 per ton, but only $6 per ton for recycling.

So, I think overall, it will actually help save money.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
I can't wait to get mine.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:45 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
They have 64 and 90+ gallon bins with wheels, or a small 30-gallon bin. I had a 90 delivered for my one-person small house, where my neighbors with their giant new house got a 64. If you call and request a different one they will try to convince you to try the delivered one for 2 months, but be persistent that you can't use it and they will swap it out. Happy with the 64 but don't usually fill it more than half over 2 weeks.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
I no longer have to hold on to recycling for two weeks, I seem to have more recyclables than "trash".
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you have to pay extra for these? I would really be interested in a larger bin- I feel I don't recycle as much as I could because the bin fills up too quickly (Too many beer bottles I guess!) I am in Clermont County and not sure if that is out here yet?
Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardbrew View Post
Do you have to pay extra for these? I would really be interested in a larger bin- I feel I don't recycle as much as I could because the bin fills up too quickly (Too many beer bottles I guess!) I am in Clermont County and not sure if that is out here yet?
No, we didn't have to pay for them, everyone in the city got one. But it is City of Cincinnati only. Depending on the truck used to service your area, you may not even be able to do it, it takes special equipment on the truck to handle these bins, though Rumpke is the one contracted to pick it up, so they may have all their trucks outfitted.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!

« Karaoke! | Bengals »