Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Places for Families With Younger Kids

Don't know how many of you have kids, but I've got a little girl who LOVES to play. I want to tell you a few of the places that we frequent. Most are Westside places, but not all. I know for my wife and I we sometimes get in a rut of "What are we going to do today." Maybe this will help some of you think of some new ideas.

Fernbank Park - Great play ground. It's right on the river and it has a 1.2 mile walking/biking path. It's rarely super busy. They've got shelters you can reserve for picnics or parties and lots of open grass to play.

Open Play - Faith Fellowship Church on Tuesday mornings starting at 10:00am. They take all the chairs out of their sanctuary and have two sections marked off. One is for the "play with" toys and the other is for the "play on" toys. Faith Fellowship Church-Home

Springdale Cemetery - Might seem a bit morbid, but it's a great place to walk around. They're lots of wild life and some really cool sites to check out. Plus it's the second largest cemetery in America (next to Arlington).

Loveland Biking Trail - We just jump on US 50 and take it out past Mariemont to ride bikes. The trail is right on top of an old railroad track. I pull my girl in a trailer so the last thing I want to do is huff it up a hill the whole time. The path is pretty flat and the scenery is great too.

Crossroads Church in Oakley - They have an indoor kids play area that's pretty much open from 6:00am-10:00pm. Plus they always have their coffee sitting out and it's great coffee.

Just a few ideas. Do you have any favorite spots?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads