Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM  

Ohio
UC

Is it really as dirty right outside of campus as everyone tells me? I hear cars get vandalised and broken into on campus.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:03 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
Its a little rough in a few spots of the Clifton area (where UC resides), but the area is well patrolled by UCPD and CPD day and night. I never lived in the Clifton area but I worked around there for a number of years and never once felt unsafe or had any of my vehicles messed with. There will always be the exception, but I don't think its as bad as you think.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM  

the campus has really turned around the past couple of years...much improved
Old 01-14-2011, 12:37 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbus View Post
the campus has really turned around the past couple of years...much improved
The campus yes but the neighborhood no. During the day it's safe. At night don't be out alone.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 AM  

cincinnati, oh
I was a graduated in 1999, my last year we (5 friends and I) lived in a house on Rohs, I got home from work about 10 minutes after dark to find my roommates car being ransacked by a burgler. I chased him off. That was the only bad experience we had in the 3 years I lived there.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 PM  

Petersburg, Kentucky
I'm a 09 grad of UC. I lived on campus my freshman year, in the Calhoun dorm. Campus is great, and has a lot of new amenities to offer. As far as safety, I never felt in danger or threatened during my stay, but with that being said I was cautious. Yes, the surrounding neighborhood of Clifton is not the greatest, but just use common sense, and don't walk alone at night and you will be fine.

It really is a great school, and a great campus. I hate that the poor neighborhood scares people off.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!