Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM  

ogden, utah
zero in my house but the entitlement program is tempting.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM  

Woodland Park, CO
Reminds me of a great quote by Churchill -

"If you're not a lib in your 20s you don't have a heart
&
If your're not a conservative in your 30s (and beyond) you don't have a brain"

Personally, I'm a LiberDemoCan

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM  

I honestly can't say I'm either. There's just too many things on both sides I agree and disagree with. Besides, anymore, it's just one big popularity contest. Either will say whatever you want them to.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM  

A staffer said to determine if your senator or representative is a crook check and see if he/she grew richer by representing you.

When Obama brings a new staffer to the hill it raises the average IQ of the party both Chicago and DC.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I think that all of federal politics could be helped if Congress were held to the same standard as the President. Two terms life time. No exceptions no matter what.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM  

Ok might be a dumb question but what's a dem?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cford351 View Post
Ok might be a dumb question but what's a dem?
It's not a dumb question. It stands for Democrat.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
former dem who never could stomach the dem's fiscal irresponsibility (Rep. aren't much better, though they talk a better game). Took me 25 years to figure out that my "live and let live" philosophy and dedication to personal responsibility made me a "classical liberal" - i.e one that believes our freedoms are ours because we are human, not because the government "guarantees" them. I'll agree with "tea party" republicans that the government which governs least, governs best, but I remain a civil libertarian in that I do not believe regulation of morality, particularly on a federal level, has any place in a country which prides itself on individual liberty and freedom. Homogenous solutions simply can't work in a 300million + society, we are too different to all live by the same laws, which makes the confederation of states our founders designed all the more attractive in today's world.

/rant!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:11 PM  

No dems in my house and if someone said they were, they wouldn't be in my house anymore. LOL
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
Two of my kids are solidly Republican. The other one avoids the question whch tells me she is a freakin Liberal.
What's wrong with allowing your child to choose for themselves, and standing behind their decision?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads