Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 AM  

colorado springs, colorado
Hunting

Who all will be going in the next few months? where do you like to hunt? What do you like to hunt for?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM  

Peyton, Colorado
I was raised in Indiana, in the southwestern part of the state, and hunted and fished in Indiana. Having been in the military and moving around, I hunted in several parts of the country. Kind of stopped hunting for a while, when I was overseas and then in Hawaii.

For the last several years, we've been Elk hunting down around Pagosa Springs, Colorado. There are several nice areas we've been in, mostly in areas 77, 78, and 771.

Some friends have been antelope hunting down around Eads. Others have been trying to hunt in the area where we live, we're in area 110 and area 118 is just south of us, it's just hard to do because so much of this area is private land.

Hopefully, if I can get some of my projects done around the house, I'll be able to spend a little more time hunting in the next year, or so.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
I normally only hunt Elk. Depending on the time of year me and my group go to either 371 (north of Silverthorne) or 79 (near South Fork).
371 is great if you get snow during your hunt, it herds the elk together and makes it easier to track and harvest an animal. There aren't many big bulls, but there are cows a plenty.

79 is more finicky with huge swings in the weather from 1 hunting season to the next, but you can pull some HUGE bull elk out of this area if the weather cooperates.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:42 AM  

Duck hunting in colorado rules. i had a lease near greeley and with no hunting pressure, i'd go any time of day and be sure to see birds.

Pheasant is fun, but ya gotta drive a long way and success is spotty.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I hunt Elk and Deer mostly. we hunt out near Paonia Colorado in the West Elks.

Also do allot of P-dog shooting down south east of Pueblo.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:00 PM  

Amarillo, TX
If you are looking for pheasant. The TX panhandle isn't too far of a drive from CS. The northern panhandle is best for pheasant. Have had pretty good luck so far this year. Good population.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 AM  

Peyton, CO
I'm an elk hunter ... usually go to the Sangre De Cristos where the elk are plentiful but you have to be in shape because of the steep terrain and high altitude the critters feel safe at. Also LOVE to blast prairie dogs ... just met a rancher late fall who's being over-run with the little guys. He invited me back to shwack a few but it got cold before I could get back to his place and their all down for the winter. Can't wait 'til they pop back up in the spring.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I like to hunt small game, deer, and elk. I've been trying to draw a pronghorn tag for a few years. For deer I will go anywhere, deer are always easy. I grew up hunting elk near Mt Princeton and Pagosa Springs, but currently hunt elk near Saguache. I'm looking for a good area for rabbits, though.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:11 PM  

i havent been since i enlisted but i went up to the north end of the state near kremling for elk got a couple good tags up there

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!