Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM  

Motorcycle Season?

Wondering when the season opens up for two wheeling? Just left Kansas where I was able to ride up until a few weeks ago and recall it safe enough around March/April.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 AM  

Peyton, Colorado
An interesting thing in the C/S area is the diversity of the weather in areas just a few miles apart. In late fall/early spring, it can be nice in town and snowing where I live in Peyton, about 30 miles northeast. Of course, it can be the other way around, it can be nice here and freezing rain or snow closer in to the mountains. There are a number of guys I know that ride virtually year round, generally only put off by any solid ice coverage of the roads. I usually start riding in April and can ride well into October, but the last 8 miles to the house are gravel and the county maintenance work is really crappy. don

Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 PM  

San Jose, CA
Man I hate to ride my street bikes on gravel roads. They get dirty and don't act like a trail bike does. I grew up on trail bikes so slipping and sliding isn't a problem but chipped paint on my street bikes t's me off.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 AM  

Peyton, Colorado
In the summertime, beautiful weather, there's always a lot of bikes at work (we seem to have a lot of HD and Victory riders) and everyone's checking out everybody's bike, you know how it is. They'll be looking at my bike and making cracks about it being dirty! I'm thinking...well, probably shouldn't put that in print...LOL! Anyway, when it's wet, and these roads get really bad with any moisture on them, I don't ride to work...I get the usual "Hey, where's your bike? How come you aren't riding?" I usually just tell them to "ride on out to the house and we'll go for a ride, from there!" Tends to stop the BS!! And, it really is hard on the tin. I'm thinking about some paint work this year, the old Fatboy has earned it! (I'm referring to the motorcycle!)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 AM  

colorado springs, Colorado
if you can tell you caqn ride now, weather here is not something you can predict, neither way good or bad.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 AM  
Red Rock 4-Wheeler

Larkspur, Colorado
I suggest you take a look at our diverse riding club - all bikes makes and models welcome:

CCRiders Motorcycle Club

We have a great ride schedule and are already on the roads riding the Colorady highways and byways!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM  

Sometimes I feel like if I don't get on my bike real soon, I'm gonna explode. New Hampshire snow has GOT to go!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads