Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 12:09 PM  

Orem, Utah
Renaissance Festival

Anyone think the price is worth it to go? I am from utah and am coming to co in june and that showed up as an attractive option to take my family. I have only heard about it and was wondering your thoughts.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:02 PM  

Have you ever been to a Ren Fest before? I guarantee you it is a unique experience. If you have little ones, or if any of your family likes fantasy books or medieval history it's well worth checking it out.

They usually have vendors selling all sorts of cool things from food to toys and clothes and the more unusual swords and leather goods. They also have shows and demonstrations. Its worth it if youve never been to one, makes for a great story.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM  

Orem, Utah
I think my kids would love it if I took them there. Thanks for the advice
Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 PM  

Any time. ^_^ Take lots of pictures! Hope you all have a good time.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM  

I think it varies. I've been there when it was lively and entertaining, and when it's seemed more like an outdoor shopping mall *yawn* YMMV
Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 PM  
Red Rock 4-Wheeler

Larkspur, Colorado
I think it is expensive and over priced...that being said, it is worth at least one visit.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:28 AM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
If you come out there are always cheaper ways to get tickets. If I remember correctly Wendy's usually has coupons you can pick up and King Soopers Grocery sells discounted tickets.

The expensive parts are the food and drinks, or if you think you might want to buy anything else, you'll pay an arm and a leg! The jousting is fun to watch though, and there are little shows throughout the day. My son loves it, as long as he gets a little wooden sword or shield when he goes.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:19 PM  

personally I love the renn, festivals. its a fun day out with friends seeing cool stuff and drinking, i should be there this year

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!