Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 02:25 PM  
Zombies eat brains

Hinesville/ Fort Stewart, Georgia
Who goes off roading here?

what do you drive for off roading, and what kind of off roading do you do? where is your favorite place to go?

I just sold me 1982 bronco that I had swapped in a warmed over 460 big block. i loved going on more trail rides then rock crawling which is pretty popular here. i loved just getting out on gold camp road with the cap off, wife and kids and dogs in the truck and driving. I did do China Man Wall out in Johnson village, but rocks just aren't for me...

once I get back from deployment I am going to play with my new project a 1999 F250 with the Powerstroke Diesel.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:18 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
I love me some rock crawling, but around the Springs the only options I really had were Mount Baldy which was always crowded and filled with idiots and jerks (mild language for the family-friendly forum ) or drive a long ways into the mountains. I went up Mount Herman a lot because it was usually fairly open, but the wheeling up there just isn't great. I think there's a lot of good trails just outside the area though, just takes a little driving to get to.

Oh yeah and I wheel a 90 Jeep Cherokee.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:51 PM  

colorado springs, colorado
I drive a 94 YJ, but i dont get to do as much off roading as id like cause the YJ is my daily driver as well. When i do go its nothing major, ill hit up mount herman as well, i also like taking old stage road up to cripple creek..
Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 PM  

Dallas, PA
Im thinking about the move to the area i am planning on living in the eagle area for now. I hope to be working at Vail if all goes well. I wont have my Yj out there for now but if i decide to stay it will be on its way out in no time. I also am curious if there are a lot of people who like to wheel or even just go for scenic trail rides.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:09 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsearles View Post
Im thinking about the move to the area i am planning on living in the eagle area for now. I hope to be working at Vail if all goes well. I wont have my Yj out there for now but if i decide to stay it will be on its way out in no time. I also am curious if there are a lot of people who like to wheel or even just go for scenic trail rides.
Throughout Colorado? Best believe there's tons of us

Up near Vail and that way in the mountains there are TONS of scenic trail rides and great trails for more challenge, too, but most of them will be closed for the winter.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 PM  

Dallas, PA
yeah once the snow starts flying things can get sketchy real quick. it would be spring and summer if i decide to stay before i bring my yj out there because it is an 1800 mile trip one way and once i start going through passes it will be one slow ride with my 4 squirrels. but i would love to bring it out at some point even if i don't stay.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:48 PM  

Denver, Colorado
i hit up wheeler lake near fairplay this year. awesome trail
Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM  

Colorado springs, Colorado
I've been 4-wheeling in Colorado for almost 40 years-anymore the trails close to the front range cities get pretty crowded.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 AM  

Dallas, PA
i would imagine. it is a pretty big thing. that just means you have to find something nastier to wheel that they cant wheel.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:22 PM  

colorado springs, Colorado
I just got a 05 TJ and would love to go wheelin, been before. Cant wait to go again.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!