Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
Attention: Employers of La Plata County

Greetings employers and job creators of La Plata county and the greater Durango area. I'm glad you've taken the time to open and read this thread. Starting 1 March 2012 you have the amazing opportunity to hire me, ZonaJeep, as your next employee of the century.

Let's dive into the good stuff:

-Soon to be honorably discharged vet, which right off the bat earns you a tax credit for hiring me long-term.

-Depending on my disability rating, you may earn additional tax credits for bringing me on.

-I'm not physically disabled in anyway, can lift things I probably shouldn't, and don't need cigarette breaks!

-I have no ball and chain or rugrats, you never have to worry about me calling in because I'm sick because I will show up anyway and still rock and roll unless you tell me to go home.

-I can work anytime! Nights, weekends, religious holidays, you name it. After being deployed I can say that days off are over rated! See, there is that veteran experience and work ethic you are seeking right there.

-Reliable transportation! I have a 2dr JK Rubicon, it will take a biblical flood to keep me from getting to work on time... and that's just until I can afford a snorkel. I also have a silky smooth driving record and have previously held a chauffer license in the state of Michigan. Four wheels, two wheels or no wheels at all- I've operated it.

-Computer literate, I've spent nearly the last three years working for a two star general, I know my way around MS office.

-Basic mechanic skills, I am a jack of most trades, and I pick things up quick if shown the right way the first time. Even then, I'm a pretty good problem solver, booya.

-I can do any kind of physical labor, indoors or out, regardless of weather conditions... or I can make/save you a pile of cash hanging out at a desk shuffling papers.

-Need someone with management experience? Look no further, I'm an NCO and have been since age 20, I can train and manage people like a boss.

--------

Now let's explore what you will need hire this Jeeper, Vet and all around good guy:

***40+ hours a week guaranteed.

***Pay enough to cover a small mortgage, basic utilities, basic bills and about a case of quality beer a month.(I'm debt free at the moment, and have awesome credit, no bill collectors knocking on your door because of this guy!)

***Benefits do not matter to me! If you offer, great, but I am young, healthy and have my own retirement plan. See, I'm already saving you money!

==================

PM me if you'd like to make this happen, because I sure do. References/Resume available upon request.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:50 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Our company up here is looking for reliable guys like you. Consider Montreal .

Seriously, good luck Zona, I hope the move, the new job and everything else that comes with starting a new life works out well for you man.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
They're hiring in NDAK too and this time of year the applicants are few.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:04 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Zona, as a person involved in the hiring process, I'm going to throw this out there for you to consider.

What exactly do you want to do in the foreseeable future? What industry sector offers jobs that you think you might enjoy, and what are those jobs and how do you qualify?

You need to find those particular jobs in the area that you are moving to. Do some research, and then target the companies that have potential jobs of that nature with a CV and a tailor made cover letter. Do not send a form letter as a cover. It spells doom.

I look at cover letters first. If it's obviously a form letter and the potential candidate knows nothing about our company, or even our industry for that matter, I don't even bother looking at the CV. I am sure I have relegated many Einsteins to the trash bin on that basis

I look for initiative.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:38 AM  

Durango (Hesperus), CO
Are you looking for full time? Part time?
What are your thoughts on working as a ranch hand fixing fence etc.? Hopefully my boss will let me hire a helper this coming spring.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:19 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm curious to know more about the life of a ranch hand. What's a typical day consist of? What are the upsides and downsides? Enlighten me please.

It's something that has a certain mystique for me since we don't really have real ranches around here, just agricultural farms mostly.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads