Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 PM  

Dublin, CA
Elk Hunting spots?

Im from CA and my family has hunted in CO for the last 20+ years. The last few times we went up we have been skunked on Bull elk. We have pulled out cow and deer but no bulls. Any suggestions?

Old 03-07-2011, 11:49 PM  
H2O Doctor...

League City, Texas
Head North to Wyoming...have a buddy that got 2 this year.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM  

Durango (Hesperus), CO
Where are you hunting? Rifle, muzzy, archery? My advice is to do more homework. Talk to the DOW biologists and other hunters. Get maps and study them for areas that look elky. Get away from road, because most hunters will only venture a few miles from the road. You get in 5-10 miles back, and you will be surprised. Probably the best advice is to get out before the season and do lots of scouting. I realize this may not be an option since you live in CA, and may not be able to get out here during the summer. Worse case, show up a few days before the season and do some scouting.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!