Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM  

What Keeps You in Colorado?

Let me preface this by saying, I hope to join you all soon (<7 years). I've been there a couple times, mostly for work and want to live there. Everyone I know that has left CO, went back eventually.

So, what keeps you there?

Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 AM  

Durango (Hesperus), CO
The abundance of different outdoor activities. It is a hunting and fishing paradise first and foremost. Mountain biking, skiing, four wheeling. Everything from snow sports to water sports. In fact, on March 16th, I went snowmobiling in the La Plata mountains, and then on the 17th, I took the Malibu out to the lake to go for a boat ride. Not a whole lot of places you can do that.
I love Colorado's scenery and clean air. The list goes on and on about what keeps me here...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
My dream life is a small cabin in or around Ouray but Colorado doesn't have any secrets left, I fear it's getting a bit to crowded there.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:49 PM  
Owner/Broker

Breckenridge, Colorado
Skiing, Mountain Biking, Wake boarding, Fishing, clean air,etc....the question is why would anyone want to live anywhere else?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:50 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
10 characters
What Keeps You in Colorado?-backcountry_jan2010_athanmerrick_50.jpg 

Old 04-16-2011, 01:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckenridgeRealtor View Post
Skiing, Mountain Biking, Wake boarding, Fishing, clean air,etc....the question is why would anyone want to live anywhere else?
clean air,etc...???

Last I'd heard and it was years ago, Denver was among the worst cities for air pollution. Did that get fixed?

You sure did fix it, "After years of smog, a shroud lifts"
After years of smog, a shroud lifts / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I realized a realator isn't always the most objective but you rate kudos for this:

Quote:
DENVER
The Denver skyline has a different look these days: It's become more visible.

Denver hasn't exceeded a single federal health standard for air quality since 1999. Now the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is set to declare Denver's air in full compliance with national standards. The official designation, expected soon, would mean that Denver's air passes federal muster for the first time in 30 years.

This is no small achievement. Before there was a Denver International Airport, a Colorado Rockies baseball team, or even the Denver Avalanche hockey team, the Mile High City was best known for smudged skies. Two decades ago, Denver was violating federal air-quality standards more than 200 days a year. Denver's notorious "brown cloud" regularly shrouded the city, obscuring snow-topped mountains that crown the horizon.

"Denver is the first city that has gone from the depths of air pollution, to a level where they are now attaining all [federal] standards," says Richard Long, EPA's air program director in Denver. "That's a remarkable accomplishment."
What Keeps You in Colorado?-bd.jpg 

Old 04-17-2011, 12:42 PM  

Durango (Hesperus), CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
clean air,etc...???

Last I'd heard and it was years ago, Denver was among the worst cities for air pollution. Did that get fixed?

As the crow flies, Breckenridge is a little over 50 miles west of Denver in the mountains. That air IS clean there.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:30 PM  

Woodland Park, Colorado
Knowing what it's like everywhere else! And no...I'm never leaving!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:28 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
clean air,etc...???

You sure did fix it, "After years of smog, a shroud lifts"
After years of smog, a shroud lifts / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I realized a realator isn't always the most objective but you rate kudos for this:
As a lifetime resident, believe you me, it is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference. I remember as a little kid commenting on all the brown clouds and wondering what the hell was up with that, nowadays, it's just the occasional haze that's probably more humidity than pollution.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:24 PM  

Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
So, what keeps you there?
The housing market, or lack thereof. As soon as the market rebounds (2013, after Obama's out) and I can sell my house for something near what I paid for it I intend to vacate this place.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads